Malaysian Flight 370: Plane Turned Back Toward Kuala Lumpur Before Disappearing; Australia Sends 2 P3C Orions to Aid Search (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 9, 2014 11:40 PM EST
Although the Malaysian government is not dismissing the possible that the cause of Flight 370's disappearance is terrorism after it was revealed that two passengers used stolen Italian and Austrian passports, rescuers are studying another angle.
That is the possibility the Boeing 777 jet could have turned around toward Malaysia, opening the possibility the plane is somewhere, said acting Malaysian Transport Minister Hishamuddin Hussein, the concurrent defende minister.
He disclosed that military radar readings indicate the jet could have reversed course.
Inspector-General Khalid Abu Bakar, Malaysia's police chief, had said that they are not dismissing the possibility of terrorism, but it isn't most likely the cause for the disappearance.
However, another angle seems to corroborate the terrorism possibility after new information said that the two people who used the stolen passports to board the plan brought their tickets together. Travelsky, the official e-ticket verification system of China, said that the two tickets issued to Luigi Maraldi and Christian Kozel were purchased from China Southern Airlines, paid in Thai baht with the same prices.
The ticket numbers are contiguous, an indicator they were issued together. The tickets were from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. But the ticket for the Italian passport holder would continue the journey to Copenhagen via Amsterdam, while the other ticket had Frankfurt as final destination.
As of press time, there were still no signs of the missing plane despite the involvement of 40 ships and 22 planes in the search-and-rescue mission on South China Sea. Among them are two RAAF Orion aircraft that Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott offered to Malaysia. The planes were dispatched from Darwin on Sunday night.
The military jets have highly specialised sonar equipment and are the best planes to locate material from an aircraft, Mr Abbott said.
He also used told media in Adelaide that "Our thoughts and prayers are with the passengers and their families on that ill-fated aircraft, particularly to the six Australian passengers and their families, that have now been confirmed to be on board."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015