Breakup with Ranbir Kapoor Made Me Better Person: Deepika Padukone
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 9, 2014 9:57 PM EST
Bollywood diva Deepika Padukone's success streak has provided immense confidence to the actress.
Deepika Padukone at Ram-leela special screening
The "Chennai Express" actress was recently present at an event where she spoke at length about her flourishing film career and to everyone's surprise she seemed uninhibited in answering questions pertaining to her personal life.
Padukone had a highly publicised relation with Ranbir Kapoor at an early point of her career but the two later parted ways only to reunite for their super hit film "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani."
Speaking on her breakup with Kapoor, the actress comfortably remarked, "Ranbir and I don't live in a movie. Did the breakup affect me? It's not something that has crossed my mind. But moving on has made me a better person, and him too (I can quote him on that)" reported Daily Mail.
Delving further, the beautiful actress admitted that she went through a low phase at that particular point.
"The breakup made me realise I should not be so attached to one thing or a person - after the breakup the fact that I had to pick myself up. I cried a lot after my breakup. But, I have become a better person and I thank him for that," IndiaTV quoted the actress saying.
The actress is presently rumoured to be in relation with her "Ramleela" co-star Ranveer Singh, but when questioned on the same, Padukone came up with a safe reply.
"I think I am in a stage where I don't want to rush into something. For a young girl like me, it's very important to get to know someone, may be it also comes from the fact that I dint want to go through heart ache again and you want to be sure about the person that you eventually land up with," PTI reported the actress saying.
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points