Breakup with Ranbir Kapoor Made Me Better Person: Deepika Padukone
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 9, 2014 9:57 PM EST
Bollywood diva Deepika Padukone's success streak has provided immense confidence to the actress.
Deepika Padukone at Ram-leela special screening
The "Chennai Express" actress was recently present at an event where she spoke at length about her flourishing film career and to everyone's surprise she seemed uninhibited in answering questions pertaining to her personal life.
Padukone had a highly publicised relation with Ranbir Kapoor at an early point of her career but the two later parted ways only to reunite for their super hit film "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani."
Speaking on her breakup with Kapoor, the actress comfortably remarked, "Ranbir and I don't live in a movie. Did the breakup affect me? It's not something that has crossed my mind. But moving on has made me a better person, and him too (I can quote him on that)" reported Daily Mail.
Delving further, the beautiful actress admitted that she went through a low phase at that particular point.
"The breakup made me realise I should not be so attached to one thing or a person - after the breakup the fact that I had to pick myself up. I cried a lot after my breakup. But, I have become a better person and I thank him for that," IndiaTV quoted the actress saying.
The actress is presently rumoured to be in relation with her "Ramleela" co-star Ranveer Singh, but when questioned on the same, Padukone came up with a safe reply.
"I think I am in a stage where I don't want to rush into something. For a young girl like me, it's very important to get to know someone, may be it also comes from the fact that I dint want to go through heart ache again and you want to be sure about the person that you eventually land up with," PTI reported the actress saying.
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage