Breakup with Ranbir Kapoor Made Me Better Person: Deepika Padukone
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 9, 2014 9:57 PM EST
Bollywood diva Deepika Padukone's success streak has provided immense confidence to the actress.
Deepika Padukone at Ram-leela special screening
The "Chennai Express" actress was recently present at an event where she spoke at length about her flourishing film career and to everyone's surprise she seemed uninhibited in answering questions pertaining to her personal life.
Padukone had a highly publicised relation with Ranbir Kapoor at an early point of her career but the two later parted ways only to reunite for their super hit film "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani."
Speaking on her breakup with Kapoor, the actress comfortably remarked, "Ranbir and I don't live in a movie. Did the breakup affect me? It's not something that has crossed my mind. But moving on has made me a better person, and him too (I can quote him on that)" reported Daily Mail.
Delving further, the beautiful actress admitted that she went through a low phase at that particular point.
"The breakup made me realise I should not be so attached to one thing or a person - after the breakup the fact that I had to pick myself up. I cried a lot after my breakup. But, I have become a better person and I thank him for that," IndiaTV quoted the actress saying.
The actress is presently rumoured to be in relation with her "Ramleela" co-star Ranveer Singh, but when questioned on the same, Padukone came up with a safe reply.
"I think I am in a stage where I don't want to rush into something. For a young girl like me, it's very important to get to know someone, may be it also comes from the fact that I dint want to go through heart ache again and you want to be sure about the person that you eventually land up with," PTI reported the actress saying.
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28