Juhi Chawla's Brother Bobby Passes Away in Coma
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 9, 2014 8:37 PM EST
Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla's bother Bobby better known as Sanjeev Chawla passed away on Sunday morning.
Bobby fell into the state of coma back in April 2010 as he suffered a massive stroke while having dinner. After four years of being in the vegetative state, the actress's brother finally succumbed at Jaslok hospital on 9 March.
The "Gulaab Gang" actress shared the sad news to her followers via Twitter.
This is the perfect screenplay ...look at how my brother timed it ... He gave me the biggest gift of my lifetime ...saw its release ... And
— Juhi Chawla (@iam_juhi) March 9, 2014
Shah Rukh Khan also offered his condolences for Bobby, who was the CEO of the superstar's production house Red Chillies.
"When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure." May Allah bless my friends soul. — SHAH RUKH KHAN (@iamsrk) March 9, 2014
The actress's co-star Madhuri Dixit tweeted on Sunday, "Condolences to @iam_juhi for her loss."
SRK's good friend and "Happy New Year" director Farah Khan posted, "Bobby Chawla, you leave us for a better place..."
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)