Kenyan Pastor Faces Lynching for Ordering Women not to Wear Lingerie to Church
By Johnlee Varghese | March 9, 2014 7:30 PM EST
The Kenyan priest, who ordered women to attend his church without wearing any bras and panties to allow Christ to "enter their lives fully," had to face the ire of a mob for false teaching and almost got lynched before he managed to escape.
A Roman Catholic Church leader/Reuters File
Pastor of the church in Dandora, an eastern suburb in Nairobi hit the headlines world over, after he stated in his sermon that undergarments were ungodly. "People need to be free in body and spirit, if they want the Lord to be a part of their lives," he added.
The pastor also said that he made the new rule for women, so that God can enter their bodies freely. The reverend warned the women who continue to wear undergarments to church that they will suffer dire consequences.
Even the mothers were ordered to check their daughters to make sure that they had obeyed the new rule while attending the church.
Reverend Njohi gained much media attention globally; however, he is now facing the anger of the people and is reportedly on the run, as per the report in Kenya Daily Post.
The report also states that an irate mob recently attacked the church and found a basin full of bras and panties. The pastor, who sustained minor injuries in the attack is now said to be in hiding and might flee the country as locals in Dandora are still angry with him as they want to lynch him for the false teaching.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health