Malaysian Flight 370: Stolen Passports Used by 2 Passengers Raises Possibility of Terrorism Involved (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 9, 2014 10:20 AM EST
Is the missing Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 jet a victim of terrorism? That angle is one possibility that has come up after the Foreign Ministry of Italy said that one passenger listed on the flight manifest, Italian Luigi Maraldi, is not on board the plane since his passport was stolen in Thailand in August 2013.
Walter Maraldi, the father of Luigi, told the New York Post in a telephone call from northern Emilia-Romagna in Italy, that his son deposited the passport with a car rental agency and upon return of the vehicle, found the passport was stole.
Luigi acquired a new passport in Thailand to be able to continue his travel, the elder Mr Maraldo added. The Italian Interior Ministry said that Luigi reported the theft of his passport upon his return to Italy on Aug 1, 2013, and the ministry recorded the details of the stolen identity document on the Interpol database.
Mr Maraldi added that his 37-year-old son called from Thailand to assuage them that he was not on the missing plane after news came out with his name listed on the flight manifest.
A similar disclosure was made by the Austrian Foreign Ministry of a male Austrian, but the ministry did not release his name although the manifest says a 30-year-old Austrian man named Christian Kozel was supposed to be on that flight.
The plane had 227 passengers and 12 crew members when it lost contact with the Subang Air Traffic Control at 2:40 am just two hours into the flight. It was scheduled to land in Beijing at 6:30 am.
With the discovery of the two stolen passport, Chinese authorities has tightened its security at the country's airports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos and Fellatio Video Hacker Could Face 10 Years In Prison
- Incest Charges For Georgia Siblings Who Had Sex Thrice After Watching The Notebook
- 3 Years Jail In Australian Prison For Former Playboy Model Brandi Brandt Over Cocaine Smugglng
- X-Men Director Bryan Singer Faces Sexual Assault Charges From 21-Year-Old Virginia Man
- Scam: Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos Solidarity Campaign Deceives Women Into Snapping Naked Selfies
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying