“Dil Rangeela” Review Roundup: Ganesh Back in Form
By Sahaja K R | March 8, 2014 9:42 PM EST
Kannada movie "Dil Rangeela" has received decent reviews from critics. The film starring 'Golden Star' Ganesh and Rachita Ram is directed by Preetham Gubbi.
Facebook -Dil Rangeela
Poster of "Dil Rangeela" starring Ganesh and Rachita Ram in lead roles.
"Dil Rangeela" is a romantic comedy movie which released in 125 theatres across Karnataka on Friday, 7 March, 2014. Apart from Ganesh and Rachita, the movie also stars Priyanka Rao in a pivotal role. "Dil Rangeela" is set in the beautiful tourist destination Goa.
Movie Plot: In "Dil Rangeela", Ganesh plays the role of Preetham, who is a chef in a star hotel. The owner of the hotel tells Preetham to marry his daughter (Priyanka). Before wedding day arrives, Preetham heads to Goa for a short vacation but there, things change.
In Goa, he meets Rachita Ram who plays the role of Kushi, a very shy girl. She falls in love with Preetham. He then returns from Goa to marry Priyanka and finds Rachita at the Wedding. The interesting turn in the story is that Priyanka and Kushi are close friends. The rest of the plot remains on Preetham's decision, whether he has fallen in love with Kushi or if he is ready to marry Priyanka.
This film which is produced by K Manju, has original score and soundtrack composed by Arjun Janya. Other supporting roles in the film include Achyuth Rao, Yamuna and Srindhi.
Check out the critics review here:
Shyam Prasad S of Bangalore Mirror writes: "Till the screen fades out during the interval, "Dil Rangeela" seemed to be the best film directed by Preetham Gubbi so far and also one of the best films in Ganesh's career. The second half spoils the potential build-up until that point. Not that the second half is bad, but every possible easy escape route is taken to wind up the plot, instead of exploring bigger possibilities. Overall, the film is still better than average and should extend the Golden Star's good run after Shravani Subramanya. The romantic comedy rekindles the glory days of the actor, re-establishing his image as a romantic star. What's more, in some of the sequences he looks younger than his ":Mungaru Male" days. Overall, the film is a good watch and won't disappoint anyone searching for two hours of good time."
Chitraloka.com writes: "Ganesh's image as a romantic actor gets a boost with "Dil Rangeela". After the success of Shravani Subramanya, this film gives him the much needed purple patch in his career. "Dil Rangeela" has comedy and romance in equal measure with some spice of family values and honesty thrown in.
Very rarely do we see the lead actor in our movies play something different. For a change, Ganesh in Dil Rangeela is a chef. Preetham Gubbi knows that giving the hero a different profession opens up the possibility of visualising different scenes and scenarios. The film however is a wholesome package with good songs, lovely visuals and funny dialogues. Venu's cinematography is another big hit. Preetham Gubbi also makes sure all the scenes are colourful and not just the story.
Ganesh, Rachita Ram, Priyanka Rao and Achyuth Kumar come up with good performances. Ganesh looks young and with Rachita makes a good romantic pair. The film is an entertainer and can also attract the family crowd."
Sandesh of Oneindia.com writes: "Dil Rangeela" is another love story, where the unusual happenings bring the lead actors together and takes the story forward. Ranghayana Raghu's comedy can be considered as the biggest strength of the movie, without which Dil Rangeela would have been a disaster. By giving least importance to the story, director Preetham Gubbi has mainly concentrated on the technical aspects of the movie. The bird view shot in the beginning is the must watch and never miss scene in the film. Sensational music director Arjun Janya should be appreciated for the refreshing music.
Finally director Preetham Gubbi is the winner with Dil Rangeela. Though there is nothing new in the story, he has come up with innovative styles in the art of movie making. If you are Ranghayana Raghu's comedy lover or a Ganesh's fan, then Dil Rangeela is one time watchable. Storyline is the biggest drawback in the movie."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect