International Women’s Day 2014: Top Female CEOs Around the World [PHOTOS]
By Ankita Mehta | March 8, 2014 8:32 PM EST
In the past few years, female representatives have made it big by breaking into the chief executive ranks of their respective companies.
On the occasion of International Women's Day, we present you the top female Chief Executive Officers who made it to the Fortune 500 list.
Here is the list top Women CEOs according to Fortune 500:
1. Mary Barra: Chief Executive Officer of General Motors. On 15 January, 2014, Barra was announced as the CEO. She is the first female CEO of GM.
3. Virginia Rometty: She is the Chief Executive Officer of International Business Machines Corporation (IBM). In 2012, IBM named her as the CEO of the company. Rometty is the first female CEO of the company.
4. Patricia Woertz: Since 2007 she has been the Chief Executive Officer of Archer Daniels Midland Company.
5. Indra K. Nooyi: She is the CEO of PepsiCo. Nooyi is ranked among the World's 100 Most Powerful Women by Forbes magazine.
6. Marillyn Hewson: She was named CEO of Lockheed Martin in January 2013. Hewson joined the Lockheed Martin in 1982. She has held some increasingly responsible executive positions including President, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President of the company.
7. Ellen J. Kullman: The 58-year-old American business executive is the President and Chief Executive Officer of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company ("DuPont").
8. Irene Rosenfeld: She is the current CEO of Mondelēz International which comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510