New Fiat Punto Facelift Caught Testing Again; India Launch Soon
By greeshma m | March 8, 2014 7:29 PM EST
A worker adjusts the logo on a new Fiat Punto at a Fiat factory assembly line in the central Serbian town of Kragujevac.
Motorids has posted the images of the new Punto Facelift, which has been spotted testing in Pune. The car, which has already made numerous appearances on the web, is expected to make its debut in the domestic market by the second quarter of this financial year.
The new updated diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm. The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The car is likely to packs tweaks in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
The company is also expected to launch the Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura in India in the coming months. Both the vehicles will be brought to India through as CBU.
Fiat recently launched the facelift Linea in the domestic market with the price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).The petrol model packs 114PS 1.4 liter turbochaged T-jet engine under the hood, and the diesel model comes with 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor, which can churn out a power of 93PS and a torque of 209 NM. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Fiat Linea is offered in three trims - Active, Dynamic and Emotion.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports