New Fiat Punto Facelift Caught Testing Again; India Launch Soon
By greeshma m | March 8, 2014 7:29 PM EST
A worker adjusts the logo on a new Fiat Punto at a Fiat factory assembly line in the central Serbian town of Kragujevac.
Motorids has posted the images of the new Punto Facelift, which has been spotted testing in Pune. The car, which has already made numerous appearances on the web, is expected to make its debut in the domestic market by the second quarter of this financial year.
The new updated diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm. The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The car is likely to packs tweaks in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
The company is also expected to launch the Abarth 500 and the Punto-based Avventura in India in the coming months. Both the vehicles will be brought to India through as CBU.
Fiat recently launched the facelift Linea in the domestic market with the price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).The petrol model packs 114PS 1.4 liter turbochaged T-jet engine under the hood, and the diesel model comes with 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor, which can churn out a power of 93PS and a torque of 209 NM. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Fiat Linea is offered in three trims - Active, Dynamic and Emotion.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage