Maruti Suzuki to Launch Alto K10 AMT by 2014 End: Report
By greeshma m | March 8, 2014 6:31 PM EST
After the success of automated manual transmission (AMT) Celerio in India, Maruti Suzuki, country's largest car maker is said to be pondering over the AMT version of Alto K10.
A worker cleans a parked car at the Maruti Suzuki's stockyard on the outskirts of Jammu October 30, 2010.
Celerio, the first car in India with AMT technology has been raking in tremendous response in the domestic market.It has received more than 22,000 bookings for the car in just 30 days and a major part of this booking was for the AMT model of Celerio. The strategic pricing of the car in the county is also one of the reasons for the success of Celerio. Maruti has carried out an exemplary job by pricing the Celerio AMT at ₹4.14 lakh, which is much cheaper than the automatic variant of any other models available in the country.
"I had expected around 35per cent of sales to come from the auto gear option. I was very confident of the response, but others had said I was expecting too much. AMT was a completely new technology and untested yet in this market. Now we are trying to increase supply. The demand has been very satisfying," Mayank Pareek, COO, marketing and sales, Maruti Suzuki told FE.
Seeing this hefty demand for AMT, Maruti is reportedly planning to roll out the AMT Alto K10 in India by the end of 2014, suggested Financial Express. Alto K10, a successful venture of Marurti has seen a dip in its sale in recent years. The introduction of the AMT variant of Alto K10 will help the company regain its traction in the market.
Maruti is not just one company that has the AMT model on cards for India. Car makers like Tata Motors, Mahindra, Hyundai and Volkswagen are also working on the same. Tata's Nano and Zest will be the first few vehicles in the domestic market to follow Maruti Suzuki's footsteps.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers