Bajaj Discover 125 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 8, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Bajaj Auto Ltd on Friday launched yet another Discover bike in India, dubbed as Discover 125 with a price tag of ₹ 48,000 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Newly built motorbikes are seen at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune, about 130 km (82 miles) from Mumbai August 9, 2007.
The Dicover 125, the latest offering of Bajaj packs 125 cc 4-Valve Patented TwinSpark DTS-i engine which can pump in a power of 11.5 PS and a torque of 10.4Nm.The company claims a fuel efficiency of 76kmpl.The bike which shares similarities with the Bajaj's 125ST will be pitted against the Honda CB Shine, Hero Glamour and Hero Passion Pro in the domestic market.
Talking of the features of the Discover 125, it accommodates dual nitrox charged rear shock absorbers, sharp edged headlamps, alloy wheels and petal disc brake.
"Many consumers are tired of the regular commuter bikes which offer only around 8 Ps Power. They would ideally wish to upgrade to sportier, attractive bikes with superior technology and features. However barriers such as price and mileage deter them to move on to the 125cc segment. The all new Discover 125 offers equivalent mileage of a 100cc and comes with exciting performance and features all at an attractive price. We want the Indian commuter to live life to the fullest and "Jiyo Dana-Dan," said K Srinivas, President - Motorcycle Business.
With the launch of the new bike, Bajaj, one of the largest two wheeler manufacturer in the country hopes to expand its market share and reach in the sub-continent market. Currently, Bajaj Auto holds 22 percent market share in the two wheeler segment.
In February, Bajaj Auto posted a decline of 6 percent in domestic sales for February 2014.The Company sold a total of 273,323 motorcycles as against the 291,297 units last year.
(Edited by Gopi Chandra Kharel)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight