Bajaj Discover 125 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 8, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Bajaj Auto Ltd on Friday launched yet another Discover bike in India, dubbed as Discover 125 with a price tag of ₹ 48,000 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Newly built motorbikes are seen at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune, about 130 km (82 miles) from Mumbai August 9, 2007.
The Dicover 125, the latest offering of Bajaj packs 125 cc 4-Valve Patented TwinSpark DTS-i engine which can pump in a power of 11.5 PS and a torque of 10.4Nm.The company claims a fuel efficiency of 76kmpl.The bike which shares similarities with the Bajaj's 125ST will be pitted against the Honda CB Shine, Hero Glamour and Hero Passion Pro in the domestic market.
Talking of the features of the Discover 125, it accommodates dual nitrox charged rear shock absorbers, sharp edged headlamps, alloy wheels and petal disc brake.
"Many consumers are tired of the regular commuter bikes which offer only around 8 Ps Power. They would ideally wish to upgrade to sportier, attractive bikes with superior technology and features. However barriers such as price and mileage deter them to move on to the 125cc segment. The all new Discover 125 offers equivalent mileage of a 100cc and comes with exciting performance and features all at an attractive price. We want the Indian commuter to live life to the fullest and "Jiyo Dana-Dan," said K Srinivas, President - Motorcycle Business.
With the launch of the new bike, Bajaj, one of the largest two wheeler manufacturer in the country hopes to expand its market share and reach in the sub-continent market. Currently, Bajaj Auto holds 22 percent market share in the two wheeler segment.
In February, Bajaj Auto posted a decline of 6 percent in domestic sales for February 2014.The Company sold a total of 273,323 motorcycles as against the 291,297 units last year.
(Edited by Gopi Chandra Kharel)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS