5 Tips to Top MBA Interview
By Afreen Ahmed | March 8, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Many management institutes interview candidates before they shortlist their names for the course. Your paperwork was excellent, so the institute might want to check on your communication skills and capabilities to take up this course. You should prepare for an MBA interview as you prepare for your job interview.
Cambridge, The Backs and King’s College
The MBA interview procedure is not easy, as it seems to be. You need to enhance yourself in terms of communication, presentation and aptitude skills. Here are a few tips, which will help you prepare for your interview:
Before going for an interview, do your homework well. Write down the points, which you think, will be asked during the interview. For example, "Tell me about yourself," "Why are you interested in MBA?" "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" and so on. Prepare yourself to answer these types of questions and make sure you do not mumble or blabber during the actual interview. Your voice should be crisp and clear, avoid repetitions, and be confident.
- Practice, Practice and Practice
Practice makes you perfect! You should practice a lot before heading for the interview. You have already written down the questions likely to be asked in the interview. Practice those questions carefully. Stand in front of the mirror, look straight and talk flawlessly. Build up your confidence; take help of your family member and friends. Your goals and motivations should be clear to crack your MBA interview.
Pursuing MBA course might be your dream. To fulfill your dream you have to research about the course. The pros and cons, profit and loss of the course and a little research about the institute you have been shortlisted for. The interviewer may ask you about your interest in this course, the reason behind choosing this course. A thorough research will help you get through the interview. Your confidence about your selected course will help you score better marks in your interview.
- Expect the unexpected
During the interview, expect the unexpected. You might do your research on the course, work on your skills, but unexpected questions or events may strike. Do not panic when you do not know the answer, stay calm and cool. Your answers should be honest and impressive at one attempt.
Do not forget your basics. Dress modestly in business attire, smile generously and answer confidently. Keep your thank you note impressive and short. Ask intelligent questions if you have any.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop