Breaking News: A Woman Found Dead in Garage; Body Mummified as Her Bills Continued to Get Paid
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 8, 2014 12:39 PM EST
A woman from Pontiac, Michigan was found mummified in the back of her car where her body clothed in winter jacket sat for several years. The car was parked in the garage and nobody noticed any thing extraordinary. In fact, someone was even mowing the woman's lawn for her, and the bills continued to get paid.
According to a Detroit Free Press report, the authorities say they believe that the woman died at least six years ago. The neighbors described the dead woman to be in her 40s and of German decent, but nobody really know much about who the woman was.
Undersheriff Mike McCabe of Oakland County, Michigan, said that the woman had $54,000 in her account, which was what was paying her bills. It was on auto-pay. But, at some point, the money ran out and the ranch-style home went into foreclosure.
McCabe said that the bank sent a contractor to check out the house after neighbors complained about a hole on the home's roof where the raccoons were getting in. It was when the contractor found the body in the garage, mummified in her Jeep. The woman was believed to have been dead since at least 2008, which was the year the license plate on the woman's Jeep expired.
The woman was reported to have been living in her house alone, coming in and out, and always traveling a lot, so the neighbors thought that her absences were due to her returning to Germany.
"She really kept to herself. We never really heard anything from her," a neighbor told CNN.
McCabe said that he'd been doing his job for 37years, but he had never before seen anything like what happened to the woman. The woman was found mummified, sitting in the backseat of her car with the key halfway in the ignition.
Dr. Bernardino Pacris, the county deputy medical examiner who conducted the autopsy, said that the woman's skin was still intact, but the internal organs had decomposed.
According to Pacris, during the mummification process, the skin will develop a parchment-like consistency and leathery texture. He said that finding a body in that condition is unusual, but "once in a while, we see this."
The toxicology report was still yet to arrive, which will take four to six weeks, before determining the cause of death. According to McCabe, Pacris found no signs of trauma to the woman's body.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- James Foley's Family and Boss Reject Syrian Claim of Foley Killed A Year Ago
- British Cleric Accused of Urging James Foley Executioner; Predicted ISIS Will Fight in the West
- Amish Girls Abducted, Handcuffed And Used As Sex Slaves
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU