Nelly and Ashanti Back Together? Singer Reveals How Nelly Inspired 'Braveheart' Single
By Vanessa Francisco | March 8, 2014 11:00 AM EST
Ashanti dropped by "The Breakfast Club" on Tuesday to talk about her new album entitled "Braveheart" and her love life with Nelly. She confessed that her latest album is her most personal one as of yet and that fans will find the answers they were looking for from the album, including those of her relationship with ex-boyfriend Nelly.
In December 2013, Ashanti also revealed that she doesn't have any plans of getting back with Nelly. "Negative. You know there is a lot of things that happened this year. A lot kinda went public more than other things have gone public before. When a man is hurt, I feel like men deal with hurt differently. We are in that space now and there are things that were done and things that were said that probably should not have been done or said but they have been," the 33-year-old singer explained.
During their rumoured split, Nelly publicly dated actress and model Tae Heckard but Ashanti appeared to be unfazed by the short-lived relationship. "I am very smart and I know him. I knew what the façade was," Ashanti said about the issue.
However, it appears that the two could not stay away from each other. Nelly and Ashanti were spotted together in February and according to the source, they looked real "happy to be back together."
Ashanti focused on acting with her roles on Lifetime's Army Wives and other various projects. When she split from her former record label, Murder Inc. she did not talk about what happened for personal and legal reasons. Now she is ready to speak on everything that has happened. "It was hard because the love was genuine. We went through good and bad things. I still consider them family," she said.
"My album Braveheart is definitely my most vulnerable, sincere and open album so far. My last album was out in 2008 and so much has happened between 2008 and 2014. I feel like a lot of questions that people may still have are definitely being answered in the album. The public has seen me go through a lot of things, my career, my personal life. This album definitely has the answers," Ashanti said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?