Nelly and Ashanti Back Together? Singer Reveals How Nelly Inspired 'Braveheart' Single
By Vanessa Francisco | March 8, 2014 11:00 AM EST
Ashanti dropped by "The Breakfast Club" on Tuesday to talk about her new album entitled "Braveheart" and her love life with Nelly. She confessed that her latest album is her most personal one as of yet and that fans will find the answers they were looking for from the album, including those of her relationship with ex-boyfriend Nelly.
In December 2013, Ashanti also revealed that she doesn't have any plans of getting back with Nelly. "Negative. You know there is a lot of things that happened this year. A lot kinda went public more than other things have gone public before. When a man is hurt, I feel like men deal with hurt differently. We are in that space now and there are things that were done and things that were said that probably should not have been done or said but they have been," the 33-year-old singer explained.
During their rumoured split, Nelly publicly dated actress and model Tae Heckard but Ashanti appeared to be unfazed by the short-lived relationship. "I am very smart and I know him. I knew what the façade was," Ashanti said about the issue.
However, it appears that the two could not stay away from each other. Nelly and Ashanti were spotted together in February and according to the source, they looked real "happy to be back together."
Ashanti focused on acting with her roles on Lifetime's Army Wives and other various projects. When she split from her former record label, Murder Inc. she did not talk about what happened for personal and legal reasons. Now she is ready to speak on everything that has happened. "It was hard because the love was genuine. We went through good and bad things. I still consider them family," she said.
"My album Braveheart is definitely my most vulnerable, sincere and open album so far. My last album was out in 2008 and so much has happened between 2008 and 2014. I feel like a lot of questions that people may still have are definitely being answered in the album. The public has seen me go through a lot of things, my career, my personal life. This album definitely has the answers," Ashanti said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899