Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes New Revelations on Pre-Order Incentives, Darker Moments in Game, Mother Base Staff
By Aditya Bhat | March 7, 2014 11:52 PM EST
Konami, the publisher of upcoming and highly anticipated action-adventure video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes has announced pre-order incentives for this stealth game.
Pre-ordered customers will be receiving exclusive content that includes Mother Base Staff. Mother Base will be playing a key role in Konami's next video game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which will be rolling out at a later date.
Facebook/Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will release on 18 March.
However, the company has said that these incentives will be downloadable automatically once the Phantom Pain is available.
So, this will mean that POWs and staff who are rescued in Ground Zeroes will be available in the Phantom Pain.
Konami has also announced iDroid, an app that will be made available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. This app will be acting as a second screen and players will be able to call air support using this app. It will also unlock new options and cassettes that are found in-game that can be played using the app. This app will also be helpful in checking leaderboards. iDroid will be compatible with both current and next-generation consoles. Using this app, players will be able to build Mother Base remotely.
Hideo Kojima, the game director of Metal Gear Solid series has reportedly defended the darker moments in both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain in an interview with GameSpot.
"If we don't cross that line, if we don't make attempts to express what we really want to express, games will only be games. If we don't try to go beyond that, we won't be able to achieve what movies or novels have achieved," said Kojima.
"I didn't want to stay away from these things that could be considered sensitive. If we don't go that far, games will never be considered as culture."
He also used TV series, Breaking Bad's example to explain how other medium's have been pushing the boundaries. He also said that he certainly wants to see a PC version for The Phantom Pain.
"PC, that's my original background. I originally created PC games. A long time ago I didn't want to rely on platforms to release games, so if people want it, I cannot make a formal announcement, but that is definitely something that I would like to do," Kojima said in the interview.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is scheduled to be released on 18 March for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release dates are not announced.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks