Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes New Revelations on Pre-Order Incentives, Darker Moments in Game, Mother Base Staff
By Aditya Bhat | March 7, 2014 11:52 PM EST
Konami, the publisher of upcoming and highly anticipated action-adventure video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes has announced pre-order incentives for this stealth game.
Pre-ordered customers will be receiving exclusive content that includes Mother Base Staff. Mother Base will be playing a key role in Konami's next video game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which will be rolling out at a later date.
Facebook/Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will release on 18 March.
However, the company has said that these incentives will be downloadable automatically once the Phantom Pain is available.
So, this will mean that POWs and staff who are rescued in Ground Zeroes will be available in the Phantom Pain.
Konami has also announced iDroid, an app that will be made available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. This app will be acting as a second screen and players will be able to call air support using this app. It will also unlock new options and cassettes that are found in-game that can be played using the app. This app will also be helpful in checking leaderboards. iDroid will be compatible with both current and next-generation consoles. Using this app, players will be able to build Mother Base remotely.
Hideo Kojima, the game director of Metal Gear Solid series has reportedly defended the darker moments in both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain in an interview with GameSpot.
"If we don't cross that line, if we don't make attempts to express what we really want to express, games will only be games. If we don't try to go beyond that, we won't be able to achieve what movies or novels have achieved," said Kojima.
"I didn't want to stay away from these things that could be considered sensitive. If we don't go that far, games will never be considered as culture."
He also used TV series, Breaking Bad's example to explain how other medium's have been pushing the boundaries. He also said that he certainly wants to see a PC version for The Phantom Pain.
"PC, that's my original background. I originally created PC games. A long time ago I didn't want to rely on platforms to release games, so if people want it, I cannot make a formal announcement, but that is definitely something that I would like to do," Kojima said in the interview.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is scheduled to be released on 18 March for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release dates are not announced.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How