Asia Cup 2014 Finals News: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, Want to Finish Unbeaten, Says Perera
By Shruthi SU | March 7, 2014 9:10 PM EST
Defending champions Pakistan are up against the very consistent Sri Lanka. The lions in blue would like to increase their five-match winning streak to six in the Asia Cup 2014 finals on Saturday.
"We wanted to go to the final unbeaten and now hope to finish on that note as well," all-rounder Thisara Perera said. "The venue has been lucky for us. We have won here in the last five or six ODIs. Hope it turns out to be the same in the final as well."
Facing Bangladesh on Thursday, Sri Lanka just managed to see past the target of 205. Skipper Angelo Mathews' unbeaten knock of 74 saw the islanders through.
"I think he's a good finisher," Perera commented on his skipper. "That's why he's captaining the side. He has batted really well in the last three-four years."
The upper order batsmen failed to perform in the Bangladesh match and will be looking to come good in the final. The bowlers, on the other hand, will have to cope with the Afridi-pressure mounting in the Asia Cup.
"Nothing special," Perera said casually when asked about his team's plans for Shahid Afridi. "We have done really well in the last three-four games of the Asia Cup. We have to learn sometimes, we need to capitalise on our batting. We have done well as a bowling unit."
Talking about the out-of-form Mahela Jayawardane, Perera said there were no issues and he's certain to come back strong.
"He normally bats very well, it's only in the last three to four matches that he has failed," Perera said. "He's a legend of cricket. He can come back very strongly at any time. He's our key batsman along with [Kumar] Sangakkara.
"Hope he comes back to form against Pakistan."
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate