Vespa Super-Premium Scooter 946 to be Priced at ₹9 Lakh
By greeshma m | March 7, 2014 9:07 PM EST
The company that launched its Vespa S scooter in India recently will be launching the luxury scooter by June 2014. Vespa 946, a handcrafted scooter will be imported from Europe and will be brought to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU).
"The homologation of the Vespa 946 has been done and we would launch it in two to three months. This is a very niche product and is positioned as a collector's edition," said Piaggio Vehicles CMD Ravi Chopra, reported Business Standard.
The scooter was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 and will come with 4-storke 125cc 3V monocylinder engine, which can churn out a power of 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm and a peak torque of 10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm. With the launch of the new scooters in the sub-continent market, Piaggio hopes to expand its foothold in India.
"Our mission was to create a premium space for scooters, which to an extent we have successfully managed to do. India offers a large opportunity and we are yet to leverage its full potential here. So far, we have done 80,000 scooters since the launch. Our hope is to do better in 2014, and with more products we'd add incremental volumes each year," Chopra added.
Recently the company expanded its scooter portfolio in India with the Vespa S launch. Vespa S packs 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm and is mated to a CVT transmission system. It is offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black and is priced at ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2