Apple Inc iOS Still Going Strong in North America, Analysts Think AAPL Stock Undervalued
By Reissa Su | March 7, 2014 8:12 PM EST
Apple Inc is increasing is iOS market share in North America with 65 per cent using Apple devices to connect to the Internet. Using ad impressions in North American between February 26 and March 4, Chitika Insights was able to measure how many people use Apple's iOS compared with Android.
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
According to Forbes, it is interesting to note that there were almost no change to both the iOS and Android mobile web traffic in two years.
In a similar research, Chitika analysed North America's ad impressions from May to November 2012 and determined that the Apple iOS had a share of 60 to 79 per cent depending on the company's product cycles.
When Apple Inc launched the iPhone 5, iPad mini and iPad 4 in September and November, Apple's iOS increased its share into the high 60 per cent. When Samsung released its Galaxy S3, Android's OS share was as high as 40 per cent.
Based on Chitika's analysis, when there is an opportunity to upgrade their devices, users may take advantage. This gives an impression of high loyalty of the brand. If there was a lot of switching between OS, there would be significant change between Apple's iOS and the Android's share.
Apple stock undervalued?
Meanwhile, Apple Inc shares may be undervalued compared to Google stock, according to some analysts. Apple has been named the world's most valuable brand by Forbes while Google is the fifth most valuable brand among the top 70 of the world's most valuable corporations.
Since Apple Inc beats Google, it may be puzzling to some why Apple's stock is performing poorly than Google. Google's share price has seen a 75 per cent increase in the last 14 months while Apple Inc stock price movement has been described as "stable" despite investor criticism for failing to release "innovative" products.
Some analysts consider Apple Inc to be undervalued compared to Google since Apple has $100 billion of cash lying around and an annual income of more than $37 billion per year. Google earns just under $13 billion.
Despite the perception of being an undervalued stock, Apple Inc shares may soon be put to the test with the future release of new products including the rumoured Apple TV, iWatch and the next generation iPhone and iPad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build