KTM RC 390 Spied Testing in India; Hints at Imminent Launch
By greeshma m | March 7, 2014 7:28 PM EST
Austrian motorcycle maker KTM's much anticipated KTM RC 390 faired sports bike has been spied testing again on Indian roads, suggesting the arrival of the RC series in the country soon.
Facebook/Bajaj KTM Duke
Bajaj KTM Duke
KTM RC 390 has made its appearance on the web numerous times through the leaked details and spy shots. Although KTM was expected to showcase two RC brand 'faired' racing bikes at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, the company stayed away from it.
The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with the RC 200 has been receiving rave reviews from the motorcycle enthusiasts for its contemporary style and design elements.
Powered by 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm, KTM RC 390 is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Although the company did not reveal the exact launch date and the pricing of the motorcycle, rumours suggest that the bike would make its India debut by mid-2014, reported Motoroids.
KTM is likely to reveal the RC 200 first in India, followed by the RC 390. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp. KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country.
KTM 390 Duke, an innovative offering from Austrian motorcycle maker, has been posting good sales in India since its entry to the domestic market. The bike, which was launched in June for ₹1.80 lakh has been conceptualised, developed and designed at the company's local Chakan production facility in Maharashtra.
The company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now. According to earlier reports, the Husqvarna motorbikes will be produced locally at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install