KTM RC 390 Spied Testing in India; Hints at Imminent Launch
By greeshma m | March 7, 2014 7:28 PM EST
Austrian motorcycle maker KTM's much anticipated KTM RC 390 faired sports bike has been spied testing again on Indian roads, suggesting the arrival of the RC series in the country soon.
Facebook/Bajaj KTM Duke
Bajaj KTM Duke
KTM RC 390 has made its appearance on the web numerous times through the leaked details and spy shots. Although KTM was expected to showcase two RC brand 'faired' racing bikes at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, the company stayed away from it.
The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with the RC 200 has been receiving rave reviews from the motorcycle enthusiasts for its contemporary style and design elements.
Powered by 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm, KTM RC 390 is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Although the company did not reveal the exact launch date and the pricing of the motorcycle, rumours suggest that the bike would make its India debut by mid-2014, reported Motoroids.
KTM is likely to reveal the RC 200 first in India, followed by the RC 390. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp. KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country.
KTM 390 Duke, an innovative offering from Austrian motorcycle maker, has been posting good sales in India since its entry to the domestic market. The bike, which was launched in June for ₹1.80 lakh has been conceptualised, developed and designed at the company's local Chakan production facility in Maharashtra.
The company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now. According to earlier reports, the Husqvarna motorbikes will be produced locally at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown