KTM RC 390 Spied Testing in India; Hints at Imminent Launch
By greeshma m | March 7, 2014 7:28 PM EST
Austrian motorcycle maker KTM's much anticipated KTM RC 390 faired sports bike has been spied testing again on Indian roads, suggesting the arrival of the RC series in the country soon.
Facebook/Bajaj KTM Duke
Bajaj KTM Duke
KTM RC 390 has made its appearance on the web numerous times through the leaked details and spy shots. Although KTM was expected to showcase two RC brand 'faired' racing bikes at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, the company stayed away from it.
The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with the RC 200 has been receiving rave reviews from the motorcycle enthusiasts for its contemporary style and design elements.
Powered by 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm, KTM RC 390 is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Although the company did not reveal the exact launch date and the pricing of the motorcycle, rumours suggest that the bike would make its India debut by mid-2014, reported Motoroids.
KTM is likely to reveal the RC 200 first in India, followed by the RC 390. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp. KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country.
KTM 390 Duke, an innovative offering from Austrian motorcycle maker, has been posting good sales in India since its entry to the domestic market. The bike, which was launched in June for ₹1.80 lakh has been conceptualised, developed and designed at the company's local Chakan production facility in Maharashtra.
The company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now. According to earlier reports, the Husqvarna motorbikes will be produced locally at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown