Pistorius sobs as Doctor Recounts the Sad Event of Steenkamp's Death
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 7, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Former Paralympics Track star Oscar Pistorius sobbed as he sat in the dock clutching a rosary bead, neighbours recalled the incident to resuscitate his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, after the gunshot.
Radiologist Johann Stipp immediately rushed to Pistorius's house after hearing the gunshot, finding him sitting by the side of his wounded girlfriend and praying to God for her survival.
Steep stated in the courtroom: "I went near her and, as I bent down, I also noticed a man on the left kneeling by her side. He had his left hand on her right groin, and his right hand, the second and third fingers in her mouth." Further he said, Pistorius in a grievous mood confessed he shot his girlfriend by mistake because he thought it was a thief.
As the trial proceeded and Stipp was giving his testimony, Pistorius was bent forward in the dock, with his hand covering his face and then moved his hands to cover his ears.
The harrowing detail explained by Stipp was the first detailed description after the shooting of Steenkamp on Valentine's Day in 2013.
Though Stipp tried to help his girlfriend, unfortunately she showed no signs of life. The doctor further added: "She had no pulse in the neck, she had no peripheral pulse. She had no breathing movements that she made."
Earlier in the day, Pistorius's lawyer, Barry Roux, claimed it is impossible for the neighbour to hear the scream since his girlfriend was in the locked bathroom. He stated "The deceased was in the toilet and the door was locked. Even standing on the balcony, it would have been impossible to hear the screams." Roux further added that prosecution lawyer Charl Johnson is trying to tamper the evidence so as to prove Oscar Pistorius guilty.
Roux also clarified that the banging sounds what the neighbours heard was when Pistorius was banging the toilet door with a bat. He also stated that telephone records will give evidence of the same.
As the days unfolds new chapter with the trial, the duel is still to go in order to find the accused or the main reason of the event that led to the sad demise of Reeva Steenkamp.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman