Pistorius sobs as Doctor Recounts the Sad Event of Steenkamp's Death
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 7, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Former Paralympics Track star Oscar Pistorius sobbed as he sat in the dock clutching a rosary bead, neighbours recalled the incident to resuscitate his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, after the gunshot.
Radiologist Johann Stipp immediately rushed to Pistorius's house after hearing the gunshot, finding him sitting by the side of his wounded girlfriend and praying to God for her survival.
Steep stated in the courtroom: "I went near her and, as I bent down, I also noticed a man on the left kneeling by her side. He had his left hand on her right groin, and his right hand, the second and third fingers in her mouth." Further he said, Pistorius in a grievous mood confessed he shot his girlfriend by mistake because he thought it was a thief.
As the trial proceeded and Stipp was giving his testimony, Pistorius was bent forward in the dock, with his hand covering his face and then moved his hands to cover his ears.
The harrowing detail explained by Stipp was the first detailed description after the shooting of Steenkamp on Valentine's Day in 2013.
Though Stipp tried to help his girlfriend, unfortunately she showed no signs of life. The doctor further added: "She had no pulse in the neck, she had no peripheral pulse. She had no breathing movements that she made."
Earlier in the day, Pistorius's lawyer, Barry Roux, claimed it is impossible for the neighbour to hear the scream since his girlfriend was in the locked bathroom. He stated "The deceased was in the toilet and the door was locked. Even standing on the balcony, it would have been impossible to hear the screams." Roux further added that prosecution lawyer Charl Johnson is trying to tamper the evidence so as to prove Oscar Pistorius guilty.
Roux also clarified that the banging sounds what the neighbours heard was when Pistorius was banging the toilet door with a bat. He also stated that telephone records will give evidence of the same.
As the days unfolds new chapter with the trial, the duel is still to go in order to find the accused or the main reason of the event that led to the sad demise of Reeva Steenkamp.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown