Pistorius sobs as Doctor Recounts the Sad Event of Steenkamp's Death
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 7, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Former Paralympics Track star Oscar Pistorius sobbed as he sat in the dock clutching a rosary bead, neighbours recalled the incident to resuscitate his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, after the gunshot.
Radiologist Johann Stipp immediately rushed to Pistorius's house after hearing the gunshot, finding him sitting by the side of his wounded girlfriend and praying to God for her survival.
Steep stated in the courtroom: "I went near her and, as I bent down, I also noticed a man on the left kneeling by her side. He had his left hand on her right groin, and his right hand, the second and third fingers in her mouth." Further he said, Pistorius in a grievous mood confessed he shot his girlfriend by mistake because he thought it was a thief.
As the trial proceeded and Stipp was giving his testimony, Pistorius was bent forward in the dock, with his hand covering his face and then moved his hands to cover his ears.
The harrowing detail explained by Stipp was the first detailed description after the shooting of Steenkamp on Valentine's Day in 2013.
Though Stipp tried to help his girlfriend, unfortunately she showed no signs of life. The doctor further added: "She had no pulse in the neck, she had no peripheral pulse. She had no breathing movements that she made."
Earlier in the day, Pistorius's lawyer, Barry Roux, claimed it is impossible for the neighbour to hear the scream since his girlfriend was in the locked bathroom. He stated "The deceased was in the toilet and the door was locked. Even standing on the balcony, it would have been impossible to hear the screams." Roux further added that prosecution lawyer Charl Johnson is trying to tamper the evidence so as to prove Oscar Pistorius guilty.
Roux also clarified that the banging sounds what the neighbours heard was when Pistorius was banging the toilet door with a bat. He also stated that telephone records will give evidence of the same.
As the days unfolds new chapter with the trial, the duel is still to go in order to find the accused or the main reason of the event that led to the sad demise of Reeva Steenkamp.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage