Pistorius sobs as Doctor Recounts the Sad Event of Steenkamp's Death
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 7, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Former Paralympics Track star Oscar Pistorius sobbed as he sat in the dock clutching a rosary bead, neighbours recalled the incident to resuscitate his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, after the gunshot.
Radiologist Johann Stipp immediately rushed to Pistorius's house after hearing the gunshot, finding him sitting by the side of his wounded girlfriend and praying to God for her survival.
Steep stated in the courtroom: "I went near her and, as I bent down, I also noticed a man on the left kneeling by her side. He had his left hand on her right groin, and his right hand, the second and third fingers in her mouth." Further he said, Pistorius in a grievous mood confessed he shot his girlfriend by mistake because he thought it was a thief.
As the trial proceeded and Stipp was giving his testimony, Pistorius was bent forward in the dock, with his hand covering his face and then moved his hands to cover his ears.
The harrowing detail explained by Stipp was the first detailed description after the shooting of Steenkamp on Valentine's Day in 2013.
Though Stipp tried to help his girlfriend, unfortunately she showed no signs of life. The doctor further added: "She had no pulse in the neck, she had no peripheral pulse. She had no breathing movements that she made."
Earlier in the day, Pistorius's lawyer, Barry Roux, claimed it is impossible for the neighbour to hear the scream since his girlfriend was in the locked bathroom. He stated "The deceased was in the toilet and the door was locked. Even standing on the balcony, it would have been impossible to hear the screams." Roux further added that prosecution lawyer Charl Johnson is trying to tamper the evidence so as to prove Oscar Pistorius guilty.
Roux also clarified that the banging sounds what the neighbours heard was when Pistorius was banging the toilet door with a bat. He also stated that telephone records will give evidence of the same.
As the days unfolds new chapter with the trial, the duel is still to go in order to find the accused or the main reason of the event that led to the sad demise of Reeva Steenkamp.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories