‘Koffee with Karan’: Is Shah Rukh Khan Acting Cold Towards Karan Johar?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 7, 2014 6:48 PM EST
Karan Johar may have gone bold and entertaining in this season of "Koffee with Karan" with Salman Khan and Aamir Khan as his guests, but the director's once good friend, Shah Rukh is clearly displeased.
Salman's debut on Johar's chat show last December set tongues wagging on the filmmaker's changing equations in the industry. Johar further invited Aamir and wife Kiran Rao in his show and the trio seemed to have a blast.
Even Akshay Kumar, another of SRK's competition made a first time solo appearance on the show. As the director's friendliness with Shahrukh's contemporaries raised eyebrows, it was also asked if Shah Rukh will make an appearance on the talk show. It is also being said that thanks to Johar's new found equation with SRK's rivals, the director was snubbed by the "Chennai Express" actor.
It has now emerged that the "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" director has been seeking SRK's dates for his chat show for a long time but the actor has allegedly been too busy for the filmmaker. Despite this, Johar has assured that his favourite Khan will make his stylish presence in the show, reported Bollywood Life.
Whether Shah Rukh turns up for his once-good friend or ditches him altogether will be known only in the upcoming episodes of "KWK."
SRK's apparent displeasure with the developments was noticed recently, when he took digs at Salman and Johar's films during a brand endorsing event.
The superstar had mocked Salman's recent release "Jai Ho" when he said that "there's no accounting for taste" in the film. Further he picked on Johar's recent production "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein" when he said that the film's director Punit Malhotra should become invisible after delivering such a dud.
At one point, Shahrukh and Johar were considered to be best pals in the industry. The director apparently was so fond of his star friend that he vehemently defended the actor when rumours of Priyanka Chopra and SRK's affair affecting the latter's family became the talk of the town.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]