Sensex, Nifty Touch Record Highs on Strong Foreign Flows
March 7, 2014 5:37 PM EST
The BSE Sensex and Nifty rose to hit a record high, after foreign investors' buying of shares in the previous day was the biggest so far this year.
Sensex, Nifty touch record highs on strong foreign flows
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 12.73 billion rupees on Thursday, their biggest daily purchase since December 19, extended their buying streak to a 15th straight day.
Among blue chips, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) surged 5.9 percent.
The Nifty rose 1 percent to 6465.20 points at 11.05 a.m., after touching a record high of 6,477.55 points.
The BSE Sensex rose 0.97 percent after touching a record high of 21,768.85 points, marking its second consecutive day of hitting the milestone.
On 6 March 2013, the BSE sensex touched a high of 19,293.39 and closed at 19,252.61.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build