Sensex, Nifty Touch Record Highs on Strong Foreign Flows
March 7, 2014 5:37 PM EST
The BSE Sensex and Nifty rose to hit a record high, after foreign investors' buying of shares in the previous day was the biggest so far this year.
Sensex, Nifty touch record highs on strong foreign flows
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 12.73 billion rupees on Thursday, their biggest daily purchase since December 19, extended their buying streak to a 15th straight day.
Among blue chips, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) surged 5.9 percent.
The Nifty rose 1 percent to 6465.20 points at 11.05 a.m., after touching a record high of 6,477.55 points.
The BSE Sensex rose 0.97 percent after touching a record high of 21,768.85 points, marking its second consecutive day of hitting the milestone.
On 6 March 2013, the BSE sensex touched a high of 19,293.39 and closed at 19,252.61.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide