Sensex, Nifty Touch Record Highs on Strong Foreign Flows
March 7, 2014 5:37 PM EST
The BSE Sensex and Nifty rose to hit a record high, after foreign investors' buying of shares in the previous day was the biggest so far this year.
Sensex, Nifty touch record highs on strong foreign flows
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 12.73 billion rupees on Thursday, their biggest daily purchase since December 19, extended their buying streak to a 15th straight day.
Among blue chips, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) surged 5.9 percent.
The Nifty rose 1 percent to 6465.20 points at 11.05 a.m., after touching a record high of 6,477.55 points.
The BSE Sensex rose 0.97 percent after touching a record high of 21,768.85 points, marking its second consecutive day of hitting the milestone.
On 6 March 2013, the BSE sensex touched a high of 19,293.39 and closed at 19,252.61.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Russia Demands Ukraine Release Communications With Doomed Malaysia Airlines MH17, Preliminary Report On Investigations Out This Month
- Ebola Update: Liberian Forces Receive Shoot Orders Against People Trying to Cross from Sierra Leone Border
- Historic First Time: Catholic Pontiff Pope Francis Supports Military Intervention Against ISIS In Iraq
- Chinese Airlines Receives Lawsuit for Rejecting HIV-Positive Passengers
- Travel Alert: Canada Issues Warning Against Chikungunya Disease in Caribbean
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015