Sensex, Nifty Touch Record Highs on Strong Foreign Flows
March 7, 2014 5:37 PM EST
The BSE Sensex and Nifty rose to hit a record high, after foreign investors' buying of shares in the previous day was the biggest so far this year.
Sensex, Nifty touch record highs on strong foreign flows
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 12.73 billion rupees on Thursday, their biggest daily purchase since December 19, extended their buying streak to a 15th straight day.
Among blue chips, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) surged 5.9 percent.
The Nifty rose 1 percent to 6465.20 points at 11.05 a.m., after touching a record high of 6,477.55 points.
The BSE Sensex rose 0.97 percent after touching a record high of 21,768.85 points, marking its second consecutive day of hitting the milestone.
On 6 March 2013, the BSE sensex touched a high of 19,293.39 and closed at 19,252.61.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Vatican 2014 Final Synod Report: Gays Still ‘Unwelcome’ in Catholic Church, LGBT Thankful for First Step
- New Zealand Losing $9.4 Billion Every Year to Fraud
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Family Of Ebola Nurse Patient Hires Lawyer To Clear Things Up, Refutes CDC Claims; Agency Revises Guidelines
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu