Kannada Actor Ambareesh Taken off Ventilator, Doing Well
By Sahaja K R | March 7, 2014 5:04 PM EST
Kannada actor and Karnataka State Housing Minister M.H Ambareesh has reportedly been taken off the ventilator on Thursday, 6 March 2014 in Singapore's Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
Ambareesh's Facebook Page
Kannada actor standing along with his wife, Sumalatha.
The doctors from Vikram Hospital in Bangalore have been updated with the information on Ambareesh and are said to be in contact with the doctors in Singapore Hospital. "We are in touch with doctors at the Singapore hospital. He is doing well. The respiratory infection has gone down," Dr K.S Satish told Deccan Herald.
The 61-year-old actor's wife, Sumalatha has also said that Ambareesh will be shifted out of the ICU shortly. "Ambareesh is doing extremely well and should be out of ICU very soon. However, he still needs physiotherapy and lots of rest. Hence, visitors won't be allowed to meet him for some more time. He is on liquids," Sumalatha told The Times Of India.
Sumalatha also thanked all the doctors who treated her husband in both Bangalore and Singapore. She further thanked the actor's friends, well wishers and fans for their prayers.
Attempts have been made by reporters to get detailed information on Ambareesh's health condition, but Singapore's Hospital has not made any details public. Dr Satish has said that Ambareesh may return to India in a few weeks as the patient's vitals are good, according to The New Indian Express.
Ambareesh was flown to the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore in an air-ambulance on 1 March on the advice of Tamil superstar Rajinikanth. A few years ago Rajinikanth too was treated for Kidney related problems in the same hospital in Singapore. The Tamil actor was admitted there on 28 May, 2011 and remained in Singapore for six weeks and returned to Chennai on 13 July.
Fans of Ambareesh are concerned about his health and are looking forward to his return. "I am a big fan of Ambareesh and I was disturbed to hear that he is having health issues. I hope all goes well and he comes back to India soon," said Brahma Teja, a fan from Gowribidanur.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports