Music Review: Linkin Park Release New Single ‘Guilty All The Same’ Through Shazam
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 7, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Linkin Park gave their fans a pleasant surprise after they released a brand new single on Thursday, March 6 via Shazam. The new single titled "Guilty All The Same" is going back the old-school way for Linkin Park. The song is different from Linkin Park's latest works on albums like "A Thousand Suns" and "LIVING THINGS." The song has crunchy riffs that the band is famous far.
Mike Shinoda talked to Radio.com about "Guilty All The Same" and said described it as a "good look into the DNA" of the new album.
"A few months ago I was making some demos and writing this stuff and it sounded like something you could play on the radio ... I don't want to make any of that music. ['Guilty'] ended up being this new material. It's louder; it's more visceral than probably anything we've done recently."
Review: Linkin Park - "Guilty All The Same"
First off, the song is long! It is a six-minute song. Definitely, after a long time, Linkin Park released a guitar-heavy single. The single also features a cameo by New York rapper Rakim.
Fans missed Linkin Park of the "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora" and the recent albums had only disappointed the fans.
However, this new single "Guilty All The Same" is kind of a sneak peek for the new album due this summer.
The guitar work is heavy and on the punkish side. The vocals nicely compliment the entire instrumentation. Even Rakim's rap is fitting perfectly with a decent breakdown in the background.
Rolling Stone reported that Linkin Park is touring with 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI on Carnivores from August 8, 2014.
Full dates for the Carnivores Tour:
8/8 West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
8/9 Tampa, FL - George M. Steinbrenner Field
8/12 Charlotte, NC - PNC Music Pavilion
8/13 Bristow, VA - Jiffy Lube Live
8/15 Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/16 Mansfield, MA - Xfinity Center
8/18 Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
8/19 Wantagh, NY - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
8/21 Darien Center, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
8/23 Montreal, QC - Parc Jean-Drapeau
8/24 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
8/26 St Paul, MN - Minnesota State Fair
8/27 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
8/29 Tinley Park, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
8/30 Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
9/5 The Woodlands, TX - The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
9/6 Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
9/8 Englewood, CO - Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
9/10 Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
9/11 Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater *
9/13 Quincy, WA - The Gorge Amphitheatre
9/16 Chula Vista, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheatre
9/18 Wheatland, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheatre
9/19 Concord, CA - Concord Pavilion
Note: * 30 Seconds to Mars and Linkin Park only.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage