Music Review: Linkin Park Release New Single ‘Guilty All The Same’ Through Shazam
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 7, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Linkin Park gave their fans a pleasant surprise after they released a brand new single on Thursday, March 6 via Shazam. The new single titled "Guilty All The Same" is going back the old-school way for Linkin Park. The song is different from Linkin Park's latest works on albums like "A Thousand Suns" and "LIVING THINGS." The song has crunchy riffs that the band is famous far.
Mike Shinoda talked to Radio.com about "Guilty All The Same" and said described it as a "good look into the DNA" of the new album.
"A few months ago I was making some demos and writing this stuff and it sounded like something you could play on the radio ... I don't want to make any of that music. ['Guilty'] ended up being this new material. It's louder; it's more visceral than probably anything we've done recently."
Review: Linkin Park - "Guilty All The Same"
First off, the song is long! It is a six-minute song. Definitely, after a long time, Linkin Park released a guitar-heavy single. The single also features a cameo by New York rapper Rakim.
Fans missed Linkin Park of the "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora" and the recent albums had only disappointed the fans.
However, this new single "Guilty All The Same" is kind of a sneak peek for the new album due this summer.
The guitar work is heavy and on the punkish side. The vocals nicely compliment the entire instrumentation. Even Rakim's rap is fitting perfectly with a decent breakdown in the background.
Rolling Stone reported that Linkin Park is touring with 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI on Carnivores from August 8, 2014.
Full dates for the Carnivores Tour:
8/8 West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
8/9 Tampa, FL - George M. Steinbrenner Field
8/12 Charlotte, NC - PNC Music Pavilion
8/13 Bristow, VA - Jiffy Lube Live
8/15 Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/16 Mansfield, MA - Xfinity Center
8/18 Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
8/19 Wantagh, NY - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
8/21 Darien Center, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
8/23 Montreal, QC - Parc Jean-Drapeau
8/24 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
8/26 St Paul, MN - Minnesota State Fair
8/27 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
8/29 Tinley Park, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
8/30 Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
9/5 The Woodlands, TX - The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
9/6 Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
9/8 Englewood, CO - Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
9/10 Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
9/11 Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater *
9/13 Quincy, WA - The Gorge Amphitheatre
9/16 Chula Vista, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheatre
9/18 Wheatland, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheatre
9/19 Concord, CA - Concord Pavilion
Note: * 30 Seconds to Mars and Linkin Park only.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4