Lorde Touched By Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Royals’ Cover [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | March 7, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Lorde “got a little teary” upon learning that The Boss himself covered her hit song “Royals.” Bruce Springsteen paid homage to the Kiwi teen when he was performing in her home city of Auckland.
The 64-year-old music legend was at the Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland on March 1 when he played the 17-year-old rising star’s Grammy Award-winning song, only changing a few lines of the lyrics, such as “king bee” instead of “queen bee.”
Lorde wasn’t in Auckland at that time; she was touring Texas, and has only found out about Springsteen’s cover on Twitter.
“It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He’s such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool.”
As the Web site pointed out, there have been countless artists who have covered Lorde’s chart topper, but Springsteen was the first music A-lister to do so.
“It’s crazy when someone like that is covering your song. Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing with them in the studio. It’s crazy to me they could come out of someone’s mouth who is that respected.”
Meanwhile, both Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams have shown their admiration for the Kiwi songstress.
Appearing on the Australian breakfast show one day apart, Perry and Williams revealed what they thought about Lorde.
“She’s very mature. She’s an old sage of sorts,” Perry told the show’s presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch on Wednesday.
“I do love Lorde.”
Williams, who said that he wants to work with Perry in the future, was also on the show, but a day later on Thursday.
He said, “I would love to work with Lorde. She doesn’t need me, but I would love to work with her.”
Lorde’s “Pure Heroine” has recently passed the one million sales mark in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan