Lorde Touched By Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Royals’ Cover [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | March 7, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Lorde “got a little teary” upon learning that The Boss himself covered her hit song “Royals.” Bruce Springsteen paid homage to the Kiwi teen when he was performing in her home city of Auckland.
The 64-year-old music legend was at the Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland on March 1 when he played the 17-year-old rising star’s Grammy Award-winning song, only changing a few lines of the lyrics, such as “king bee” instead of “queen bee.”
Lorde wasn’t in Auckland at that time; she was touring Texas, and has only found out about Springsteen’s cover on Twitter.
“It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He’s such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool.”
As the Web site pointed out, there have been countless artists who have covered Lorde’s chart topper, but Springsteen was the first music A-lister to do so.
“It’s crazy when someone like that is covering your song. Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing with them in the studio. It’s crazy to me they could come out of someone’s mouth who is that respected.”
Meanwhile, both Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams have shown their admiration for the Kiwi songstress.
Appearing on the Australian breakfast show one day apart, Perry and Williams revealed what they thought about Lorde.
“She’s very mature. She’s an old sage of sorts,” Perry told the show’s presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch on Wednesday.
“I do love Lorde.”
Williams, who said that he wants to work with Perry in the future, was also on the show, but a day later on Thursday.
He said, “I would love to work with Lorde. She doesn’t need me, but I would love to work with her.”
Lorde’s “Pure Heroine” has recently passed the one million sales mark in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes