Lorde Touched By Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Royals’ Cover [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | March 7, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Lorde “got a little teary” upon learning that The Boss himself covered her hit song “Royals.” Bruce Springsteen paid homage to the Kiwi teen when he was performing in her home city of Auckland.
The 64-year-old music legend was at the Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland on March 1 when he played the 17-year-old rising star’s Grammy Award-winning song, only changing a few lines of the lyrics, such as “king bee” instead of “queen bee.”
Lorde wasn’t in Auckland at that time; she was touring Texas, and has only found out about Springsteen’s cover on Twitter.
“It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He’s such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool.”
As the Web site pointed out, there have been countless artists who have covered Lorde’s chart topper, but Springsteen was the first music A-lister to do so.
“It’s crazy when someone like that is covering your song. Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing with them in the studio. It’s crazy to me they could come out of someone’s mouth who is that respected.”
Meanwhile, both Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams have shown their admiration for the Kiwi songstress.
Appearing on the Australian breakfast show one day apart, Perry and Williams revealed what they thought about Lorde.
“She’s very mature. She’s an old sage of sorts,” Perry told the show’s presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch on Wednesday.
“I do love Lorde.”
Williams, who said that he wants to work with Perry in the future, was also on the show, but a day later on Thursday.
He said, “I would love to work with Lorde. She doesn’t need me, but I would love to work with her.”
Lorde’s “Pure Heroine” has recently passed the one million sales mark in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’