Lorde Touched By Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Royals’ Cover [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | March 7, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Lorde “got a little teary” upon learning that The Boss himself covered her hit song “Royals.” Bruce Springsteen paid homage to the Kiwi teen when he was performing in her home city of Auckland.
The 64-year-old music legend was at the Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland on March 1 when he played the 17-year-old rising star’s Grammy Award-winning song, only changing a few lines of the lyrics, such as “king bee” instead of “queen bee.”
Lorde wasn’t in Auckland at that time; she was touring Texas, and has only found out about Springsteen’s cover on Twitter.
“It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He’s such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool.”
As the Web site pointed out, there have been countless artists who have covered Lorde’s chart topper, but Springsteen was the first music A-lister to do so.
“It’s crazy when someone like that is covering your song. Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing with them in the studio. It’s crazy to me they could come out of someone’s mouth who is that respected.”
Meanwhile, both Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams have shown their admiration for the Kiwi songstress.
Appearing on the Australian breakfast show one day apart, Perry and Williams revealed what they thought about Lorde.
“She’s very mature. She’s an old sage of sorts,” Perry told the show’s presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch on Wednesday.
“I do love Lorde.”
Williams, who said that he wants to work with Perry in the future, was also on the show, but a day later on Thursday.
He said, “I would love to work with Lorde. She doesn’t need me, but I would love to work with her.”
Lorde’s “Pure Heroine” has recently passed the one million sales mark in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date