Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 7, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Notable device tipster @evleaks revealed on Twitter that there will be a Nokia event to take place on April 19, 2014. Reports were quick to spread online with claims that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer will be revealing the Nokia Lumia "Martini" device or the Nokia Lumia 930.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer announced their Android-powered devices at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) but the Nokia Lumia 930 as well as the Nokia Lumia 630/635 was not around. It is speculated that the appearance of the new Nokia Lumia devices will take place in the Nokia event scheduled on April 19.
According to the GSMArena report, @evleaks posted the message "Nokia event April 19th?" on Twitter but the Finnish company has not yet given any comment to confirm the event or send out invites. The Know Your Mobile report, on the other hand, found the event date to be odd since it is on a weekend.
"We don't know a location yet for the announcement and the date is also a little odd. April 192014 is a Saturday, a very unusual day for a phone manufacturer wanting maximum coverage to organise a big press announcement on," the report reads. Additionally, the link to the @evleaks Twitter post status about the April 19 Nokia event currently shows a message that says the page no longer exists.
Aside from the handsets expected to arrive soon, the device enthusiasts are also waiting for the Windows Phone 8.1 launch and availability on the handsets between April and June. Microsoft will be holding the Build Developer Conference from April 2 to April 4 bringing the Windows Phone 8.1 with the Cortana virtual assistant and Start screen backgrounds.
The latest reports revealed that a new Nokia Lumia handset will be joining the line-up and it has been given the codename "Martini." No other details have been unveiled yet but the codename comes courtesy of Twitter leaker @evleaks.
It was also @evleaks who broke the news about the Nokia Lumia "Martini" on Twitter with the message urging the Nokia watchers to look out for the arrival of another Windows Phone Blue handset. In a previous report, the Nokia Lumia "Martini" is expected to be the first Lumia device having the Microsoft branding in front.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Nokia Offers Another Windows Phone Blue Handset to Arrive Soon? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 620: Windows Phone Handset Finally Getting Lumia Black Update - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports