Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 7, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Notable device tipster @evleaks revealed on Twitter that there will be a Nokia event to take place on April 19, 2014. Reports were quick to spread online with claims that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer will be revealing the Nokia Lumia "Martini" device or the Nokia Lumia 930.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer announced their Android-powered devices at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) but the Nokia Lumia 930 as well as the Nokia Lumia 630/635 was not around. It is speculated that the appearance of the new Nokia Lumia devices will take place in the Nokia event scheduled on April 19.
According to the GSMArena report, @evleaks posted the message "Nokia event April 19th?" on Twitter but the Finnish company has not yet given any comment to confirm the event or send out invites. The Know Your Mobile report, on the other hand, found the event date to be odd since it is on a weekend.
"We don't know a location yet for the announcement and the date is also a little odd. April 192014 is a Saturday, a very unusual day for a phone manufacturer wanting maximum coverage to organise a big press announcement on," the report reads. Additionally, the link to the @evleaks Twitter post status about the April 19 Nokia event currently shows a message that says the page no longer exists.
Aside from the handsets expected to arrive soon, the device enthusiasts are also waiting for the Windows Phone 8.1 launch and availability on the handsets between April and June. Microsoft will be holding the Build Developer Conference from April 2 to April 4 bringing the Windows Phone 8.1 with the Cortana virtual assistant and Start screen backgrounds.
The latest reports revealed that a new Nokia Lumia handset will be joining the line-up and it has been given the codename "Martini." No other details have been unveiled yet but the codename comes courtesy of Twitter leaker @evleaks.
It was also @evleaks who broke the news about the Nokia Lumia "Martini" on Twitter with the message urging the Nokia watchers to look out for the arrival of another Windows Phone Blue handset. In a previous report, the Nokia Lumia "Martini" is expected to be the first Lumia device having the Microsoft branding in front.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Nokia Offers Another Windows Phone Blue Handset to Arrive Soon? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 620: Windows Phone Handset Finally Getting Lumia Black Update - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks