Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 7, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Notable device tipster @evleaks revealed on Twitter that there will be a Nokia event to take place on April 19, 2014. Reports were quick to spread online with claims that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer will be revealing the Nokia Lumia "Martini" device or the Nokia Lumia 930.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer announced their Android-powered devices at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) but the Nokia Lumia 930 as well as the Nokia Lumia 630/635 was not around. It is speculated that the appearance of the new Nokia Lumia devices will take place in the Nokia event scheduled on April 19.
According to the GSMArena report, @evleaks posted the message "Nokia event April 19th?" on Twitter but the Finnish company has not yet given any comment to confirm the event or send out invites. The Know Your Mobile report, on the other hand, found the event date to be odd since it is on a weekend.
"We don't know a location yet for the announcement and the date is also a little odd. April 192014 is a Saturday, a very unusual day for a phone manufacturer wanting maximum coverage to organise a big press announcement on," the report reads. Additionally, the link to the @evleaks Twitter post status about the April 19 Nokia event currently shows a message that says the page no longer exists.
Aside from the handsets expected to arrive soon, the device enthusiasts are also waiting for the Windows Phone 8.1 launch and availability on the handsets between April and June. Microsoft will be holding the Build Developer Conference from April 2 to April 4 bringing the Windows Phone 8.1 with the Cortana virtual assistant and Start screen backgrounds.
The latest reports revealed that a new Nokia Lumia handset will be joining the line-up and it has been given the codename "Martini." No other details have been unveiled yet but the codename comes courtesy of Twitter leaker @evleaks.
It was also @evleaks who broke the news about the Nokia Lumia "Martini" on Twitter with the message urging the Nokia watchers to look out for the arrival of another Windows Phone Blue handset. In a previous report, the Nokia Lumia "Martini" is expected to be the first Lumia device having the Microsoft branding in front.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Nokia Offers Another Windows Phone Blue Handset to Arrive Soon? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 620: Windows Phone Handset Finally Getting Lumia Black Update - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How