Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 7, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Notable device tipster @evleaks revealed on Twitter that there will be a Nokia event to take place on April 19, 2014. Reports were quick to spread online with claims that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer will be revealing the Nokia Lumia "Martini" device or the Nokia Lumia 930.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer announced their Android-powered devices at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) but the Nokia Lumia 930 as well as the Nokia Lumia 630/635 was not around. It is speculated that the appearance of the new Nokia Lumia devices will take place in the Nokia event scheduled on April 19.
According to the GSMArena report, @evleaks posted the message "Nokia event April 19th?" on Twitter but the Finnish company has not yet given any comment to confirm the event or send out invites. The Know Your Mobile report, on the other hand, found the event date to be odd since it is on a weekend.
"We don't know a location yet for the announcement and the date is also a little odd. April 192014 is a Saturday, a very unusual day for a phone manufacturer wanting maximum coverage to organise a big press announcement on," the report reads. Additionally, the link to the @evleaks Twitter post status about the April 19 Nokia event currently shows a message that says the page no longer exists.
Aside from the handsets expected to arrive soon, the device enthusiasts are also waiting for the Windows Phone 8.1 launch and availability on the handsets between April and June. Microsoft will be holding the Build Developer Conference from April 2 to April 4 bringing the Windows Phone 8.1 with the Cortana virtual assistant and Start screen backgrounds.
The latest reports revealed that a new Nokia Lumia handset will be joining the line-up and it has been given the codename "Martini." No other details have been unveiled yet but the codename comes courtesy of Twitter leaker @evleaks.
It was also @evleaks who broke the news about the Nokia Lumia "Martini" on Twitter with the message urging the Nokia watchers to look out for the arrival of another Windows Phone Blue handset. In a previous report, the Nokia Lumia "Martini" is expected to be the first Lumia device having the Microsoft branding in front.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Nokia Offers Another Windows Phone Blue Handset to Arrive Soon? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 620: Windows Phone Handset Finally Getting Lumia Black Update - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’