American Hustle' & 'Wolf of Wall Street' Leads MTV Movie Awards, Amy Adams & Jennifer Lawrence for Best Kiss
By Riza Ornos | March 7, 2014 3:08 PM EST
After the 86th Annual Academy Awards, Hollywood celebrities are prepping once again for another red carpet night for the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. Martin Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street" and "American Hustle received the most nominations, with Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence for Best Kiss category.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
(L-R) Best actor winner Matthew McConaughey, best actress winner Cate Blanchett, best supporting actress winner Lupita Nyong'o and best supporting actor winner Jared Leto pose with their Oscars at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014
After coming up empty handed at the 2014 Oscars, the "Wolf of Wall Street" and "American Hustle" are back with a vengeance. The casts and crew of the two movies will have another shot at taking home an award with eight nominations each.
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" got the second lead with seven nominations, while the awesome pair Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis comedy "We're the Millers" got six nods for this year's movie awards. Other Best Picture nominees includes Academy Awards winner "12 Years A Slave," "Dallas Buyers Club," "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" and "This Is the End" with four nominations each.
Late-night host Conan O'Brien will lead the annual ceremony live from L.A. Nokia Theater on April 13 at 9 P.M. PT/ET on MTV. Just like every year, the 2014 MTV Movie Awards will serve as a kick-off to the summer movie season and all nominees are voted by the fans which take place at www.MovieAwards.MTV.com through April 12. Voting is still going on for the Movie of the Year.
Cuaron's "Gravity" which took home most of the awards during the Academy Awards only got one nomination and that's for Sandra Bullock for Best Female Performance. The "Gravity" star is head to head with Amy Adams, "American Hustle," Jennifer Aniston, "We're the Millers," Jennifer Lawrence, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," and Lupita Ngong'o, "12 Years of Slave."
Leonardo DiCaprio is nominated once again for Best Male Performance after losing it to "Dallas Buyers Club" lead star Matthew McConaughey in the Oscars. But the once again the two stars are fighting for the same award together it Bradley Cooper, "American Hustle," Chiwetel Ejiofor, "12 Years A Slave" and Josh Hutcherson, "Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On