American Hustle' & 'Wolf of Wall Street' Leads MTV Movie Awards, Amy Adams & Jennifer Lawrence for Best Kiss
By Riza Ornos | March 7, 2014 3:08 PM EST
After the 86th Annual Academy Awards, Hollywood celebrities are prepping once again for another red carpet night for the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. Martin Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street" and "American Hustle received the most nominations, with Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence for Best Kiss category.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
(L-R) Best actor winner Matthew McConaughey, best actress winner Cate Blanchett, best supporting actress winner Lupita Nyong'o and best supporting actor winner Jared Leto pose with their Oscars at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014
After coming up empty handed at the 2014 Oscars, the "Wolf of Wall Street" and "American Hustle" are back with a vengeance. The casts and crew of the two movies will have another shot at taking home an award with eight nominations each.
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" got the second lead with seven nominations, while the awesome pair Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis comedy "We're the Millers" got six nods for this year's movie awards. Other Best Picture nominees includes Academy Awards winner "12 Years A Slave," "Dallas Buyers Club," "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" and "This Is the End" with four nominations each.
Late-night host Conan O'Brien will lead the annual ceremony live from L.A. Nokia Theater on April 13 at 9 P.M. PT/ET on MTV. Just like every year, the 2014 MTV Movie Awards will serve as a kick-off to the summer movie season and all nominees are voted by the fans which take place at www.MovieAwards.MTV.com through April 12. Voting is still going on for the Movie of the Year.
Cuaron's "Gravity" which took home most of the awards during the Academy Awards only got one nomination and that's for Sandra Bullock for Best Female Performance. The "Gravity" star is head to head with Amy Adams, "American Hustle," Jennifer Aniston, "We're the Millers," Jennifer Lawrence, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," and Lupita Ngong'o, "12 Years of Slave."
Leonardo DiCaprio is nominated once again for Best Male Performance after losing it to "Dallas Buyers Club" lead star Matthew McConaughey in the Oscars. But the once again the two stars are fighting for the same award together it Bradley Cooper, "American Hustle," Chiwetel Ejiofor, "12 Years A Slave" and Josh Hutcherson, "Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight