Google Nexus 6 Release Date in October; Smartphone Made by LG
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 7, 2014 3:07 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date jumped back in October and LG is rumoured to take the helm.
According to the report from Gizmodo Germany, Google turned to LG to design and manufacture the next generation of Nexus handset. If new rumours proved to be true, Google Nexus 6 will have the same specs and features of LG G3.
Nexus 6 concept image
This report was supported by a previous article from Android Geeks, which stated that South Korean mobile manufacturer will, once again, team up with the search engine giant in making the Nexus 6. The report also added that the handset will be released in October.
The October release date was echoed by Google's VP Sundar Pichai statement during the Mobile World Congress when he said that the next Nexus smartphone will not arrive in the first half of 2014 but in the second of the year.
It was previously reported that Google Nexus 6 release date is in June and will be announced at Google's annual I/O Developers Conference. However, more recent reports claimed that the said event could be the release window for the replacement for the Nexus 7 tablet also known as the Nexus 8, which will be a direct competitor of iPad Mini with Retina Display.
Meanwhile, details about Google Nexus 6 were scarce. However, the device was rumoured to be a "lightweight" version of the LG G2. Moreover, rumours pointed that the handset will pack a quad HD screen display with 1,440x2,560 pixels resolution, a 64-bit processor, and a 16-megapixel rear camera.
However, the search engine giant has not confirmed the official specs and features of the smartphone. Some of the Google Nexus 6 rumoured features are 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass; 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset paired 3 GB RAM; 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth; NFC; Micro-USB; Wi-Fi; and 4G.
The next Nexus smartphone was speculated to be released with the next generation of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop. The handset was speculated to be available in 32GB/64GB/128GB storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2