Google Nexus 6 Release Date in October; Smartphone Made by LG
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 7, 2014 3:07 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date jumped back in October and LG is rumoured to take the helm.
According to the report from Gizmodo Germany, Google turned to LG to design and manufacture the next generation of Nexus handset. If new rumours proved to be true, Google Nexus 6 will have the same specs and features of LG G3.
Nexus 6 concept image
This report was supported by a previous article from Android Geeks, which stated that South Korean mobile manufacturer will, once again, team up with the search engine giant in making the Nexus 6. The report also added that the handset will be released in October.
The October release date was echoed by Google's VP Sundar Pichai statement during the Mobile World Congress when he said that the next Nexus smartphone will not arrive in the first half of 2014 but in the second of the year.
It was previously reported that Google Nexus 6 release date is in June and will be announced at Google's annual I/O Developers Conference. However, more recent reports claimed that the said event could be the release window for the replacement for the Nexus 7 tablet also known as the Nexus 8, which will be a direct competitor of iPad Mini with Retina Display.
Meanwhile, details about Google Nexus 6 were scarce. However, the device was rumoured to be a "lightweight" version of the LG G2. Moreover, rumours pointed that the handset will pack a quad HD screen display with 1,440x2,560 pixels resolution, a 64-bit processor, and a 16-megapixel rear camera.
However, the search engine giant has not confirmed the official specs and features of the smartphone. Some of the Google Nexus 6 rumoured features are 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass; 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset paired 3 GB RAM; 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth; NFC; Micro-USB; Wi-Fi; and 4G.
The next Nexus smartphone was speculated to be released with the next generation of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop. The handset was speculated to be available in 32GB/64GB/128GB storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports