Cristiano Ronaldo Brags About Beating Records in Football, Says It’s Just Natural to Him
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 7, 2014 1:48 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo has worked so hard to achieve great feats in his sport so he has the right to brag about it, and he is bragging in a way that doesn't make people think he's really being arrogant.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo (L) celebrates his goal with team mate Gareth Bale after scoring a goal in their Spanish first division soccer match at Vicente Calderon stadium in Madrid March 2, 2014.
Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian Divorce Update: Khloe Has More Reasons Not to Take Lamar Back, Drug Dealers Suspected Responsible for Khloe’s Jewelry Theft
Ashanti Gushes Over Manny Pacquiao, the Grammy Award Winner to Sing National Anthem in Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch
On March 5, Ronaldo became Portugal's leading scorer of all time after scoring twice in a friendly match against Cameroon. Ronaldo netted twice for Portugal, thrashing Cameroon with a final score of 5-1. The 29-year-old Portuguese footballer now has a record of 49 goals in 110 senior appearances, ESPN reported. He had surpassed the record of Paris Saint Germain forward Pedro Miguel Carreiro Resendes, commonly known as Pauleta, who had a record of 47 goals in a total of 88 matches played for the National team.
According to Ronaldo, he has strong belief and full assurance in himself that he can beat the record because of all his hard work as well as the support that he gets from everyone around him. Even though Ronaldo is confident about himself, he said that he isn't really yearning on beating any records. He said his ability to achieve great feats and beating records is just natural to him.
"I do not look to beat records," says Ronaldo.
"This happens naturally, with a lot of effort, dedication, with the excellent team we have, a good coach," he added.
"I knew that sooner or later, it was going to happen."
Ronaldo is Portugal's Key Player
Ronaldo is undoubtedly the biggest asset of Portugal. During the play-off matches, Ronaldo's four goals has booked Portugal's spot in Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Cup in Brazil. Ronaldo's four goals during the play-offs had not only made Portugal eligible in the World Cup but it was the same time that Ronaldo had equaled Pauleta's goal scores for the country, which was the all-time record then, until he beat it on March 5.
Speaking to FIFA, Ronaldo said that he is just doing his job for his country. "Records are to be beaten, but it has never my priority," he said.
"I knew Portugal needed me and I was happy to do my bit."
Ronaldo is young and he can definitely beat more records, even his own. The way he plays football with his skills and goal-scoring ability have made him the most successful athlete throughout his entire professional football career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate