Minecraft Xbox 360 City Texture Pack and PS3 Skin Packs Coming, New Minecraft Snapshot 14w10a Released
By Gel Galang | March 7, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Though the latest update that 4J Studios has for the Minecraft TU14 is the 4-player splitscreen and the new UI that were showcased in a screenshot at their official Twitter, the developer has some good news and updates for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game.
"The City Texture Pack for MInecraft: Xbox 360 Edition will be available Friday, March 7th!""
The City Texture Pack was teased last February, with the screenshot of the V&A Dundee showing off how the new texture pack was used to construct the building. Two more screenshots of the texture pack are teased over at Play XBLA, which you can check over here. The City Texture Pack will cost $1 / €0.95 / £0.65.
Minecraft Xbox 360's City Texture Pack is further showcased in the video below, again focusing on the future Dundee Waterfront.
*Video from YouTube/4JStudios
Also, there seems to be pretty big plans for the future packs coming to the Minecraft PS3. "We're working with Sony & Mojang to bring texture packs and skin packs to Minecraft PS3."
However, this is as far as 4J Studios can give as far as details are concerned, but they have promised fans that updates will come as they get them.
Minecraft Snapshot 14w10a is here
After some time of laying low, a new Minecraft Snapshot 14w10a has finally been released, with a long list of bug and crash fixes.
"Once again, the majority of our time between this and the last snapshot has been spent on Plugin API related tasks (most notably inventory rewrite, block model format and block state concepting), and as such this is mostly a bugfix & mapmaker snapshot. Don't worry, we have some cool survival plans soon!" said the developers in the official web site.
Some of the fixes include having a dedicated server crash at startup, "Slightly Damaged Anvil" faces the wrong way in inventory, Nether Brick Fence not rendered correctly in the inventory, and the "missing texture" in Double Stone Slabs texture. The complete list can be seen in the link above, but as Mojang has mentioned, don't mention additions for the meantime.
Mojang has also noted that even though name changes are already supported in the snapshot, the feature will not be available until after the 1.8 releases, as that will be the time when the majority of active servers have already been updated to support UUIDs.
In addition, the promised Minecraft 1.7.6 version will also be released to backport the mentioned UUID changes for those with normal servers.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast