Watch Dogs Release Date Confirmed with Trailer, Wii U Version Still Delayed; More Details on What to Expect
By Gel Galang | March 7, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Finally, after a number of rumours, speculations and so-called leaks of release dates for Watch Dogs, Ubisoft has finally confirmed a date when gamers can finally expect Watch Dogs.
May 27 is a date to mark for those who want to take part in the hacking activity led by Aiden Pearce, as this will be the release date of Watch Dogs for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.
"We are pleased to be able to reveal to gamers all over the world the new release date for Watch Dogs. We are extremely confident that the additional time we afforded the dev team to refine and polish the game will be more than worth the wait," said Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Senior VP of Sales and Marketing at Ubisoft to DualShockers.
While some people believe that the hype for the game has quieted a bit, those who will be playing Watch Dogs on the PS4 or the PS3 can expect some pretty sweet exclusive content that's worth an extra 60 minutes of your time.
Michael Pattison of SCE Europe has teased that the extra exclusive content is something really unique and a real bonus for PlayStation players. "The exclusive content available via PSN will not only excite gamers, but showcase how PlayStation is a preferred destination for Watch Dogs."
The source also states that there's an added bonus for the wait, in the sense that two bundles, a PS4 and a PS3 version of Watch Dogs will be released, so those who still haven't gotten the next-gen console can enjoy that.
If there are any gamers who may not enjoy the news, it would possibly be those with a Wii U, as Polygon reports that the Wii U version will still be delayed (even with the overall delay having taken place). A story trailer has also been released, after having been previously leaked via Xbox.com. You can watch the trailer below.
*Video from YouTube/ubisoft
Nudity, booze and more in the game?
While Watch Dogs is not your family-oriented game, it seems to be gearing up for pretty adult themes overall, which are not limited to nudity and drinking, for starters.
The Examiner has spotted a few scenes that feature the mature scenes and themes, with gamers having to deal with an occasional drunk Pearce. But as a previous leak has stated, this drunkenness does serve a purpose in the gameplay.
Drugs and profanity will also be present in the game, and while this is expected of a game like Watch Dogs, it's still good to note it, especially for those who are looking forward to playing while the kids are away--better be safe than sorry.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier