Watch Dogs Release Date Confirmed with Trailer, Wii U Version Still Delayed; More Details on What to Expect
By Gel Galang | March 7, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Finally, after a number of rumours, speculations and so-called leaks of release dates for Watch Dogs, Ubisoft has finally confirmed a date when gamers can finally expect Watch Dogs.
May 27 is a date to mark for those who want to take part in the hacking activity led by Aiden Pearce, as this will be the release date of Watch Dogs for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.
"We are pleased to be able to reveal to gamers all over the world the new release date for Watch Dogs. We are extremely confident that the additional time we afforded the dev team to refine and polish the game will be more than worth the wait," said Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Senior VP of Sales and Marketing at Ubisoft to DualShockers.
While some people believe that the hype for the game has quieted a bit, those who will be playing Watch Dogs on the PS4 or the PS3 can expect some pretty sweet exclusive content that's worth an extra 60 minutes of your time.
Michael Pattison of SCE Europe has teased that the extra exclusive content is something really unique and a real bonus for PlayStation players. "The exclusive content available via PSN will not only excite gamers, but showcase how PlayStation is a preferred destination for Watch Dogs."
The source also states that there's an added bonus for the wait, in the sense that two bundles, a PS4 and a PS3 version of Watch Dogs will be released, so those who still haven't gotten the next-gen console can enjoy that.
If there are any gamers who may not enjoy the news, it would possibly be those with a Wii U, as Polygon reports that the Wii U version will still be delayed (even with the overall delay having taken place). A story trailer has also been released, after having been previously leaked via Xbox.com. You can watch the trailer below.
*Video from YouTube/ubisoft
Nudity, booze and more in the game?
While Watch Dogs is not your family-oriented game, it seems to be gearing up for pretty adult themes overall, which are not limited to nudity and drinking, for starters.
The Examiner has spotted a few scenes that feature the mature scenes and themes, with gamers having to deal with an occasional drunk Pearce. But as a previous leak has stated, this drunkenness does serve a purpose in the gameplay.
Drugs and profanity will also be present in the game, and while this is expected of a game like Watch Dogs, it's still good to note it, especially for those who are looking forward to playing while the kids are away--better be safe than sorry.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga