‘True Detective’ Season 1 Finale (Episode 8) Spoilers: Things Fans Know So Far; Nic Pizzolatto Teases Ending, Theories About Show’s Conclusion
By jaskiran kaur | March 7, 2014 11:19 AM EST
HBO's one of the biggest debut shows is coming to its end. "True Detective" finale is nearing upon us and fans are growing eager to decode the murder mystery of Dora Lange and others. They also want to know like who the Yellow King is and what is Carcosa. Here are few spoilers teased by the creator himself, Nic Pizzalatto about how the story will end. Also, read some theories of how the show will end. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
'True Dectective' Season 1 Finale (Episode 8) Spoilers: Things Fans Know So Far
For those unaware, in eight episodes series two detectives, detective Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and detective Hart (Woody Harrelson) meet after a decade to solve the ritualistic murder case of Dora Lange and other girls and children. They worked on this case 17 years ago in 1995 before parting ways after fallout in 2002. In 2012, a similar case emerges which forces the present day (2012) investigators to get back Cohle and Hart to provide them with related information. In present day, Cohle takes up on him to further investigate the mystery he feels they left unsolved. As shown in the series by Nic Pizzolatto, the murder mystery is intertwined with lives of the two detectives Cohle and Hart who are fighting their inner demons.
The last segment of True Detective" provided many hints and answers to many questions. Until now fans know there is more than one person involved in the crime. While investigating on his own, Cohle discovers evidence that there are more killings and disappearances which are associated to Christian schools. Also, hinting towards the involvement of Tuttle family. The lawnmower man investigated by detective Pappania and Gilbough is cutting the grass in circles and has scars on his face. Does this mean he is involved too?
Nic Pizzolatto Teases the Ending of "True Detective" Season 1
In an interview with Daily Beast creator Nic Pizzolatto dished some spoilers from the show and how "True Detective" may end. He revealed that "if someone watches the first episode and really listens, it tells you 85 percent of the story of the first six episodes." Earlier, in this interview Nic Pizzolatto said "True Detective" is not trying to "outsmart" its followers. Does this mean fans should not anticipate an ending with a twist in the tale?
Ever since the series began, fans have been actively working on theories about the yellow king and the murderer. Some of the theories claim Cohle and Hart's involvement in the crime and some claim one of them is the culprit.
In the interview Nic Pizzolatto emphasized that Cohle and Hart are "heroes" in the series for not being "corrupt men" and doing there "job well" as "honest cops."
Nic Pizzolatto also spoke to Entertainment Weekly, and it was established that the villains in "True Detective" Season 1 are "members of a cult connected to powerful sprawling, fragmented Tuttle family," which includes the lawnmower.
While addressing the question about The King in Yellow, he revealed that "everything in "True Detective" is composed of questionable narratives, inner and outer, from Cohle's view that identity is just a story we tell ourselves, to the stories about manhood that Hart tells about himself, to the not always truthful story they tell the detectives investigating them." You can read full interview HERE as published by Entertainment Weekly.
Some Theories of 'True Detective' Season 1 Finale (Episode 8): Spoilers
"True Detective" Season 1 Finale (Episode) is just few days away. Daily Beast has compiled some "craziest" and "most sensible" theories of how the show will end.
According to Daily Beast, one of the theories is that Woody Harrelson's Martin Hart could be the culprit of the killings committed in Louisiana. The theory finds its roots in the episode where Hart shoots Reggie LeDoux in his head. Also, it points at the design of the "True Detective" poster. If you look at it closely it cuts of where it has Hart's hair, making it look like "blond-headed crown at the bottom."
Another theory noted by the Web site is the five horsemen theory. It indicates at the involvement of five men. The theory notes various instances where five men have been seen. The presence of five men on horses in the photo of Dora Lange at her house is one clue. There were five Ken dolls in the disturbing scene depicted by Audrey on the bedroom floor with a naked female doll. Rust crafts five beer-can men while getting interrogated by detectives in present day. In "true Detective Season 1 Episode 7 "After You've Gone" there are five "masked figures in the gang rape video" that Cohle shows to Hart after discovering it from the safe.
The Web site also predicts that Hart's daughter Audrey is "doomed." Another theory based on Cohle's statement in Episode 7 is that he may commit suicide at the end of the story. Giving rise to such a speculation is his line where he says: My life's been a circle of violence and degradation as long as I can remember. I'm ready to tie it off." Theories also claim that the killer could be the lawnmower guy or the owner of the Vietnamese restaurant who appeared in Episode 3 of "True Detective" Season 1.
Internet is exploding with theories about how "True Detective" Season 1 will end. Many theories about the killer and the yellow king have also been devised. How do you think Nic Pizzolatto's masterful show will end? Don't forget to tune into HBO on March 9 for "True Detective" Season 1 Finale Episode (8).
For more spoilers and recap of "True Detective" Season 1, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans