Ronda Rousey’s Next Fight, UFC President Laughs Rumour Fight with Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 7, 2014 11:10 AM EST
Rumour has it that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will fight Gina Carano in July.
The rumour all started when UFC commentator Joe Rogan made a big revelation that something big was going to happen in the UFC women's division. According to a news report published by MMAFighting.com, Rogan, who was talking to KROQ's Kevin and Bean Show, revealed that he knows some secret stuff but he just can't simply let the cat out of the bag.
"I know some secret stuff, but I can't tell you," Rogan said when the topic of Rousey's next fight.
Following Rousey's knockout victory over Sara McMann at UFC 170, fans of the sport thought that there wouldn't be any other opponents that would be qualified to fight the 27-year-old female mixed martial artist champion. Then again, Rogan fired the claims that Rousey is now left without an opponent that can challenge her on the Bantamweight title.
"I will tell you this, and his is a KROQ exclusive, within the next probably week or so a huge announcement will come about women's fighting."
Thus, all the assumption and theory began as the rumour was building on a big name for Rousey's next fight.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer has fueled all speculation after he wrote about the possibility of a Rousey-Carano fight, Bloody Elbow reported. Meltzer said that Rousey has two possible opponents and those are Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg Justino. Carano hasn't fought in four and a half years. You may recall her showcasing her acting skills in the movie "Fast and the Furious 6."
Will the bout between Rousey and Carano really happen? UFC president Dana White just laughed about the topic. "Where did that come from, LOL," was what White had to say.
It is amazing how women had made their own names in the sport that is predominantly conquered by men. Rousey may be the most successful at this point in time with a 9-0 record. She has successfully shielded her title in the last three fights against Liz Carmouche, Miesha Tate, and Sara McMann. As for Rousey's next fight, anything is possible in the UFC, which was able to work out some massive parleys in the past.
Fans will just have to impatiently wait until Rousey announces her next fight.
Watch Rousey vs. McMann at UFC 170 below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/Ronda Rousey Highlights
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date