Ronda Rousey’s Next Fight, UFC President Laughs Rumour Fight with Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 7, 2014 11:10 AM EST
Rumour has it that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will fight Gina Carano in July.
The rumour all started when UFC commentator Joe Rogan made a big revelation that something big was going to happen in the UFC women's division. According to a news report published by MMAFighting.com, Rogan, who was talking to KROQ's Kevin and Bean Show, revealed that he knows some secret stuff but he just can't simply let the cat out of the bag.
"I know some secret stuff, but I can't tell you," Rogan said when the topic of Rousey's next fight.
Following Rousey's knockout victory over Sara McMann at UFC 170, fans of the sport thought that there wouldn't be any other opponents that would be qualified to fight the 27-year-old female mixed martial artist champion. Then again, Rogan fired the claims that Rousey is now left without an opponent that can challenge her on the Bantamweight title.
"I will tell you this, and his is a KROQ exclusive, within the next probably week or so a huge announcement will come about women's fighting."
Thus, all the assumption and theory began as the rumour was building on a big name for Rousey's next fight.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer has fueled all speculation after he wrote about the possibility of a Rousey-Carano fight, Bloody Elbow reported. Meltzer said that Rousey has two possible opponents and those are Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg Justino. Carano hasn't fought in four and a half years. You may recall her showcasing her acting skills in the movie "Fast and the Furious 6."
Will the bout between Rousey and Carano really happen? UFC president Dana White just laughed about the topic. "Where did that come from, LOL," was what White had to say.
It is amazing how women had made their own names in the sport that is predominantly conquered by men. Rousey may be the most successful at this point in time with a 9-0 record. She has successfully shielded her title in the last three fights against Liz Carmouche, Miesha Tate, and Sara McMann. As for Rousey's next fight, anything is possible in the UFC, which was able to work out some massive parleys in the past.
Fans will just have to impatiently wait until Rousey announces her next fight.
Watch Rousey vs. McMann at UFC 170 below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/Ronda Rousey Highlights
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage