Ronda Rousey’s Next Fight, UFC President Laughs Rumour Fight with Gina Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 7, 2014 11:10 AM EST
Rumour has it that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will fight Gina Carano in July.
The rumour all started when UFC commentator Joe Rogan made a big revelation that something big was going to happen in the UFC women's division. According to a news report published by MMAFighting.com, Rogan, who was talking to KROQ's Kevin and Bean Show, revealed that he knows some secret stuff but he just can't simply let the cat out of the bag.
"I know some secret stuff, but I can't tell you," Rogan said when the topic of Rousey's next fight.
Following Rousey's knockout victory over Sara McMann at UFC 170, fans of the sport thought that there wouldn't be any other opponents that would be qualified to fight the 27-year-old female mixed martial artist champion. Then again, Rogan fired the claims that Rousey is now left without an opponent that can challenge her on the Bantamweight title.
"I will tell you this, and his is a KROQ exclusive, within the next probably week or so a huge announcement will come about women's fighting."
Thus, all the assumption and theory began as the rumour was building on a big name for Rousey's next fight.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer has fueled all speculation after he wrote about the possibility of a Rousey-Carano fight, Bloody Elbow reported. Meltzer said that Rousey has two possible opponents and those are Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg Justino. Carano hasn't fought in four and a half years. You may recall her showcasing her acting skills in the movie "Fast and the Furious 6."
Will the bout between Rousey and Carano really happen? UFC president Dana White just laughed about the topic. "Where did that come from, LOL," was what White had to say.
It is amazing how women had made their own names in the sport that is predominantly conquered by men. Rousey may be the most successful at this point in time with a 9-0 record. She has successfully shielded her title in the last three fights against Liz Carmouche, Miesha Tate, and Sara McMann. As for Rousey's next fight, anything is possible in the UFC, which was able to work out some massive parleys in the past.
Fans will just have to impatiently wait until Rousey announces her next fight.
Watch Rousey vs. McMann at UFC 170 below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/Ronda Rousey Highlights
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown