'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Spoilers: Vicious Lady Mary Reveals A Secret to Anna?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 7, 2014 10:18 AM EST
"Downton Abbey" and "Non-Stop" star Michelle Dockery has just revealed that her character, Lady Mary might actually show some unknown vicious traits when the fifth season of the hit series returns. "I love that Lady Mary is so complex," Dockery told Manhattan magazine.
"She is very modern in that sense because she is more than a strong woman. Lady Mary is witty and even vicious. She does not suffer fools but she is sensitive. She is a mixed bag and I enjoy playing those sides of her," Dockery continued. "I love that she does not apologize for who she is or what she has done too. Lady Mary might confess a doubt to Anna, her trusted lady maid, in private but never in public." What could be the secrets that Lady Mary will tell Anna?
Meanwhile, different actors are speculated to make an appearance on the series as well. Movie star Salma Hayek has also revealed that she would love to land a role on Downton Abbey. However, while she would love to be on the British-American show, it could be quite hard because of her ethnicity. "The English are so spirited but so repressed. It is so bizarre. I love Downton Abbey and I would kill for a role," Hayek confessed to Xpose. "What is a Mexican going to do in Downton Abbey?" Hayek poked fun at the downside of her ever landing a part of the show. "I would have to play dumb and deaf."
Richard E. Grant has also confirmed his appearance on the series as an art historian named Simon Bricker. He told Vulture how the character will relate to the character he also played in Gosford Park. "Last month, I received an email asking if I would do four episodes and instead of playing downstairs like in Gosford, I would play upstairs.I said yes fast," Grant admitted.
Series creator Julian Fellowes told UnrealityTV that it is quite possible that there won't be a Downton Abbey season 7 so he can work on other projects. It is still not official but he said the sixth season could be their last. "I am about to start on a new U.S. drama called 'The Gilded Age' for NBC Universal and the last thing I would want to do is juggle two shows," he said. He also confirmed that Maggie Smith will return as Violet Crawley.
"Downton Abbey" Season 5 is set to premiere around January 2015 on PBS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand