LG Introduces Flexible Phone Via Bizarre Video Advert
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 7, 2014 10:16 AM EST
The telephone actually replicates two human body parts people use during a live conversation. But what if the gadget doesn't look like the high-tech devices that often wows consumers, but actually look like real mouths and ears. Would you still buy such a phone?
LG, the South Korean tech giant, just rolled out its curved phone and to sell the model, it is using the advertising pitch "The Most Human Phone Ever." In the two days that the advert has been posted on YouTube, it has gone viral with over 20,000 views.
Some viewers may find the commercial funny despite the bland acting of the pair of male friends who star in the 2-minute advert.
Mashable found the use of image of facial hair and other body parts appearing in unsuspecting places rather weird and wrote that it may be inclined to pass up on the G Flex if the phone looked what was shown in the advert.
Fortunately, it is just the product of the creative or unimaginative minds of LG's advertising agency. In real life, the G Flex is a beauty, packed in a 6-inch curved screen, featuring a 13-megapixel camera, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide