Boxing News 2014: Comedian Will Ferrell Wins $24,000 Bid for 2 Ringside Seats to Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch on April 12 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 7, 2014 9:52 AM EST
The tickets to the April 12 rematch between eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley must be so hot that American actor and comedian Will Ferrell willingly paid $24,000 for two ringside seats.
Cast member Will Ferrell poses at the premiere of "The Spoils of Babylon" at the DGA theatre in Los Angeles, California
Boxing News 2014: Analysts Agree With Mayweather’s Choice of Maidana Over Khan for May 3 Bout (VIDEOS)
Boxing News 2014: Will Argentinian Boxer Marcos Maidana Pull Off Biggest Upset in Boxing History by Beating Mayweather Despite Not Being in Same League as Money May? (VIDEOS)
The normal ticket price is $1,000, but Ferrell took part in one of several charity auctions on Tuesday in California.
Also present at the auction was Bradley, who noted the comedian's big heart and being a boxing fan who wants to really watch his return match with the Filipino boxing champion.
Will and Manny are actually friends and have an MTV singing the John Lennon classic Imagine.
The main event of the 10th yearly Desert Smash held at the La Quinta Resort & Spa was to raise funds for Cancer for College, a charity established by Craig Pollard, a fraternity brother of Ferrell at USC.
The star of Anchorman and ex-Saturday Night Live player also participated in the Will Powered Gold Classic at the resort's Big Horn Golf Club on Monday. He teamed with his wife and played against actors Joel McHale and Rebel Wilson.
Bradley took time off from his training for the April 12 rematch. Other celebrity athletes who came include tennis players Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Spacey. Actor Kevin Spacey assisted in auctioning off the two ringside tickets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation