Lorde Moved to Tears after Listening to Bruce Springsteen Sing her Song 'Royals'
By nidhi tewari | March 7, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Lorde was moved to tears when she heard veteran singer and musician Bruce Springsteen play a rendition of her hit Grammy Award winning song "Royals." The incident happened last week when The Boss opened his Auckland concert with an acoustic rendition of Lorde's chart topping number. While the teenager singer Lorde herself was not present at his concert, various media agencies are reporting that she became emotional and was moved to tears when she heard it.
Lorde's fans went to her Twitter account to let her know about the incident. The 17-year-old was herself on a tour in Austin, Texas.
"It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He's such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool," said Lorde showing her excitement.
Lorde has earlier reveled in one of her interviews that she wrote the lyrics for "Royals" when she was just 15-years-old. The singer has so far won many awards, including two Grammy Awards for her hit number "Royals."
"Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing around with them in the studio. It's crazy to me they could come out of someone's mouth who is that respected," Lorde continued.
Bruce Springsteen's version of "Royals" has been greatly appreciated by the media too. "..He chose New Zealand to show he's up to date, too, with an acoustic cover of the inescapable song of 2013, Royals by local girl Lorde. As ever, it doesn't matter what the source material sounded like, because in X Factor parlance, Springsteen "makes it his own," writes the guardian.com
Since the release of "Royals" there has been no stopping for the New Zeland born singer. "Happy" singer Pharrell Williams too has expressed his desire to work with Lorde in one of his interviews. Singer Taylor Swift has too befriended Lorde and the two were seen hanging out with each other in Los Angeles some time back enjoying some retail therapy. Check out Bruce singing "Royals" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown