Lorde Moved to Tears after Listening to Bruce Springsteen Sing her Song 'Royals'
By nidhi tewari | March 7, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Lorde was moved to tears when she heard veteran singer and musician Bruce Springsteen play a rendition of her hit Grammy Award winning song "Royals." The incident happened last week when The Boss opened his Auckland concert with an acoustic rendition of Lorde's chart topping number. While the teenager singer Lorde herself was not present at his concert, various media agencies are reporting that she became emotional and was moved to tears when she heard it.
Lorde's fans went to her Twitter account to let her know about the incident. The 17-year-old was herself on a tour in Austin, Texas.
"It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He's such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool," said Lorde showing her excitement.
Lorde has earlier reveled in one of her interviews that she wrote the lyrics for "Royals" when she was just 15-years-old. The singer has so far won many awards, including two Grammy Awards for her hit number "Royals."
"Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing around with them in the studio. It's crazy to me they could come out of someone's mouth who is that respected," Lorde continued.
Bruce Springsteen's version of "Royals" has been greatly appreciated by the media too. "..He chose New Zealand to show he's up to date, too, with an acoustic cover of the inescapable song of 2013, Royals by local girl Lorde. As ever, it doesn't matter what the source material sounded like, because in X Factor parlance, Springsteen "makes it his own," writes the guardian.com
Since the release of "Royals" there has been no stopping for the New Zeland born singer. "Happy" singer Pharrell Williams too has expressed his desire to work with Lorde in one of his interviews. Singer Taylor Swift has too befriended Lorde and the two were seen hanging out with each other in Los Angeles some time back enjoying some retail therapy. Check out Bruce singing "Royals" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People