Lorde Moved to Tears after Listening to Bruce Springsteen Sing her Song 'Royals'
By nidhi tewari | March 7, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Lorde was moved to tears when she heard veteran singer and musician Bruce Springsteen play a rendition of her hit Grammy Award winning song "Royals." The incident happened last week when The Boss opened his Auckland concert with an acoustic rendition of Lorde's chart topping number. While the teenager singer Lorde herself was not present at his concert, various media agencies are reporting that she became emotional and was moved to tears when she heard it.
Lorde's fans went to her Twitter account to let her know about the incident. The 17-year-old was herself on a tour in Austin, Texas.
"It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He's such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool," said Lorde showing her excitement.
Lorde has earlier reveled in one of her interviews that she wrote the lyrics for "Royals" when she was just 15-years-old. The singer has so far won many awards, including two Grammy Awards for her hit number "Royals."
"Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing around with them in the studio. It's crazy to me they could come out of someone's mouth who is that respected," Lorde continued.
Bruce Springsteen's version of "Royals" has been greatly appreciated by the media too. "..He chose New Zealand to show he's up to date, too, with an acoustic cover of the inescapable song of 2013, Royals by local girl Lorde. As ever, it doesn't matter what the source material sounded like, because in X Factor parlance, Springsteen "makes it his own," writes the guardian.com
Since the release of "Royals" there has been no stopping for the New Zeland born singer. "Happy" singer Pharrell Williams too has expressed his desire to work with Lorde in one of his interviews. Singer Taylor Swift has too befriended Lorde and the two were seen hanging out with each other in Los Angeles some time back enjoying some retail therapy. Check out Bruce singing "Royals" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal