Lorde Moved to Tears after Listening to Bruce Springsteen Sing her Song 'Royals'
By nidhi tewari | March 7, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Lorde was moved to tears when she heard veteran singer and musician Bruce Springsteen play a rendition of her hit Grammy Award winning song "Royals." The incident happened last week when The Boss opened his Auckland concert with an acoustic rendition of Lorde's chart topping number. While the teenager singer Lorde herself was not present at his concert, various media agencies are reporting that she became emotional and was moved to tears when she heard it.
Lorde's fans went to her Twitter account to let her know about the incident. The 17-year-old was herself on a tour in Austin, Texas.
"It was so exciting, it was the highest honour. He's such an incredible songwriter. I got a little teary. It was very cool," said Lorde showing her excitement.
Lorde has earlier reveled in one of her interviews that she wrote the lyrics for "Royals" when she was just 15-years-old. The singer has so far won many awards, including two Grammy Awards for her hit number "Royals."
"Those words were nothing before I put them into my laptop and started messing around with them in the studio. It's crazy to me they could come out of someone's mouth who is that respected," Lorde continued.
Bruce Springsteen's version of "Royals" has been greatly appreciated by the media too. "..He chose New Zealand to show he's up to date, too, with an acoustic cover of the inescapable song of 2013, Royals by local girl Lorde. As ever, it doesn't matter what the source material sounded like, because in X Factor parlance, Springsteen "makes it his own," writes the guardian.com
Since the release of "Royals" there has been no stopping for the New Zeland born singer. "Happy" singer Pharrell Williams too has expressed his desire to work with Lorde in one of his interviews. Singer Taylor Swift has too befriended Lorde and the two were seen hanging out with each other in Los Angeles some time back enjoying some retail therapy. Check out Bruce singing "Royals" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate