Apple iPad Mini With Retina Display vs. LG G Pad 8.3: Specs And Features
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 7, 2014 7:46 AM EST
One of the best Android tablets that can take on Apple iPad Mini with Retina display is LG G Pad 8.3. Here are the specs and features comparison between the two most powerful mid-sized tablets in the market:
The traditional 4:3 aspect ratio of iPad is seen in iPad Mini with Retina display, making it more elongated than LG G Pad 8.3 that checks in at 16:10. LG G Pad 8.3 is taller but less wide at 8.54-inch x 4.98-inch x 0.33-inch than the 7.87-inch x 5.30-inch x 0.30-inch iPad Mini with Retina display. The entirely aluminium back of iPad Mini with Retina display makes it a little more slippery than the metallic backplate of LG G Pad 8.3.
In the screen definition, iPad Mini with Retina display is the clear winner based on the record pixel density for the size. The texts are extremely crisp and icons are defined with the 7.9-inch 2048 x 1536 pixel display. LG G Pad 8.3 also brags a great screen, even though its 8.3-inch panel only sports 1920 x 1200 pixel of resolution.
iPad Mini with Retina Display runs the latest iOS 7 version, which sports flat colorful icons, control center that flaunts connectivity toggles and commands and rich-content notifications. LG G Pad 8.3 runs Android 4.2.2 KitKat with LG's own interface, which puts swipeable connectivity toggles and Qslide apps in the notifications bar.
Processor And Memory
iPad Mini with Retina display sports the first mobile 64-bit processor, dual-core A7, 1 GB RAM, PowerVR G6430 GPU, while LG G Pad 8.3 is powered by 1.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600, Adreno 320 graphics and 2 GB RAM. Although both mid-sized tablets are powerful enough to scour interface and loading apps, iPad Mini with Retina display is undeniable in another league with that processor.
iPad Mini with Retina display is available in 16 GB and 128 GB internal memory configurations, whereas LG G Pad 8.3 comes with 16 GB and 32 GB versions. But unlike iPad Mini with Retina display, you have a microSD slot for memory expansion up to 64 GB in the Android tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast