Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Guide: When It Will Be Released In Your Region?
By Precious Silva | March 7, 2014 7:33 AM EST
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
While the release date mainly covers the UK, recent reports noted retailers across the globe have started preparing and taking pre-orders. When will Samsung Galaxy S5 be available?
Samsung announced it will be releasing Samsung Galaxy S5 in 100 countries on April 11. According to a recent report from GSM Arena, countries like the Netherlands have started taking pre-orders. The report added the device will be available starting at at €699.99 both for sim-free and unlocked variants.
Also, Orange SA, a French multinational telecommunications company, has begun its Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-order offer. The company sells the device for € 249 (about $342) with a two-year contract. The standard price of the device unless with other carriers will start at € 699 (about $960).
Samsung Russia has also initiated the pre-order for S5. The company offers the device starting at 29,900 rubles (about $827). This gives a $100-difference between the countries cited. It was not clear why the price difference is large as both companies listed unlocked models for the pre-order.
Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors offering 1080 x 1920 pixel, 5.1 inches (~432 ppi pixel density). It features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and Touch Wiz UI. Memory is microSD, up to 128 GB while internal storage is 16 GB /32 GB storage, 2 GB RAM.
The primary camera features 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixel, phase detection autofocus and LED flash. It also comes with 1/2.6-inch sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization and HDR for the camera.
It runs on Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801, Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 and Adreno 330.
Other specs include:
- Wireless charging (market dependent)
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll
- Air gestures
- Dropbox (50 GB cloud storage)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL 2 A/V link)
- SNS integration
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Image/video editor
People in the U.S. will need to wait for announcements from specific carriers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists