NBA Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 7, 2014 3:11 AM EST
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is finally back to form after his recent injury. The Phoenix Suns are still short-handed but still have Goran Dragic, one of the best court generals in the NBA.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Westbrook and Dragic go head-to-head on Thursday night when their teams meet in one of the marquee match-ups of the day.
The Thunder at 46-15 are sitting atop the Western Conference. Uncomfortably however, as the San Antonio Spurs (44-16) are just one and a half games behind them.
A more interesting battle is happening at the bottom half of the playoff picture. The Suns are at 7th place with a 35-25 record and the likes of the Dallas Mavericks (36-26) and Memphis Grizzlies (34-26) are just a few games back.
Phoenix wants to stay in the playoff picture but they need to play better after going just 2-3 in their last 5 games. Last time they played at home, the Los Angeles Clippers beat them, 104-96. The Suns allowed the Clippers to shoot 51.3 per cent from the field (40/78 FG).
P.J. Tucker led the Suns scoring with 18 points while Dragic struggled missing 9-of-14 shots for just 12 points.
Meanwhile, Kevin Durant had 42 points, Russell Westbrook ended up with a triple-double of 13 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists in a blowout win over the lowly Philadelphia 76ers, 125-92.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-6) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 215.5)
Game time: 12 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games on the road
- The Thunder are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. Northwest teams
- The Suns are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games after an ATS loss
- The Suns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier