NBA Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 7, 2014 3:11 AM EST
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is finally back to form after his recent injury. The Phoenix Suns are still short-handed but still have Goran Dragic, one of the best court generals in the NBA.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Westbrook and Dragic go head-to-head on Thursday night when their teams meet in one of the marquee match-ups of the day.
The Thunder at 46-15 are sitting atop the Western Conference. Uncomfortably however, as the San Antonio Spurs (44-16) are just one and a half games behind them.
A more interesting battle is happening at the bottom half of the playoff picture. The Suns are at 7th place with a 35-25 record and the likes of the Dallas Mavericks (36-26) and Memphis Grizzlies (34-26) are just a few games back.
Phoenix wants to stay in the playoff picture but they need to play better after going just 2-3 in their last 5 games. Last time they played at home, the Los Angeles Clippers beat them, 104-96. The Suns allowed the Clippers to shoot 51.3 per cent from the field (40/78 FG).
P.J. Tucker led the Suns scoring with 18 points while Dragic struggled missing 9-of-14 shots for just 12 points.
Meanwhile, Kevin Durant had 42 points, Russell Westbrook ended up with a triple-double of 13 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists in a blowout win over the lowly Philadelphia 76ers, 125-92.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-6) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 215.5)
Game time: 12 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games on the road
- The Thunder are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. Northwest teams
- The Suns are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games after an ATS loss
- The Suns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move