NBA Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 7, 2014 3:11 AM EST
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is finally back to form after his recent injury. The Phoenix Suns are still short-handed but still have Goran Dragic, one of the best court generals in the NBA.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Westbrook and Dragic go head-to-head on Thursday night when their teams meet in one of the marquee match-ups of the day.
The Thunder at 46-15 are sitting atop the Western Conference. Uncomfortably however, as the San Antonio Spurs (44-16) are just one and a half games behind them.
A more interesting battle is happening at the bottom half of the playoff picture. The Suns are at 7th place with a 35-25 record and the likes of the Dallas Mavericks (36-26) and Memphis Grizzlies (34-26) are just a few games back.
Phoenix wants to stay in the playoff picture but they need to play better after going just 2-3 in their last 5 games. Last time they played at home, the Los Angeles Clippers beat them, 104-96. The Suns allowed the Clippers to shoot 51.3 per cent from the field (40/78 FG).
P.J. Tucker led the Suns scoring with 18 points while Dragic struggled missing 9-of-14 shots for just 12 points.
Meanwhile, Kevin Durant had 42 points, Russell Westbrook ended up with a triple-double of 13 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists in a blowout win over the lowly Philadelphia 76ers, 125-92.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-6) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 215.5)
Game time: 12 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games on the road
- The Thunder are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. Northwest teams
- The Suns are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games after an ATS loss
- The Suns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft