NBA Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 7, 2014 3:11 AM EST
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is finally back to form after his recent injury. The Phoenix Suns are still short-handed but still have Goran Dragic, one of the best court generals in the NBA.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Westbrook and Dragic go head-to-head on Thursday night when their teams meet in one of the marquee match-ups of the day.
The Thunder at 46-15 are sitting atop the Western Conference. Uncomfortably however, as the San Antonio Spurs (44-16) are just one and a half games behind them.
A more interesting battle is happening at the bottom half of the playoff picture. The Suns are at 7th place with a 35-25 record and the likes of the Dallas Mavericks (36-26) and Memphis Grizzlies (34-26) are just a few games back.
Phoenix wants to stay in the playoff picture but they need to play better after going just 2-3 in their last 5 games. Last time they played at home, the Los Angeles Clippers beat them, 104-96. The Suns allowed the Clippers to shoot 51.3 per cent from the field (40/78 FG).
P.J. Tucker led the Suns scoring with 18 points while Dragic struggled missing 9-of-14 shots for just 12 points.
Meanwhile, Kevin Durant had 42 points, Russell Westbrook ended up with a triple-double of 13 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists in a blowout win over the lowly Philadelphia 76ers, 125-92.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-6) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 215.5)
Game time: 12 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games on the road
- The Thunder are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. Northwest teams
- The Suns are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games after an ATS loss
- The Suns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales