'American Idol' 2014: Who Will Be Sent Home? Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | March 7, 2014 2:51 AM EST
The "American Idol" 2014 elimination round is here with the top 12 contestants having performed live on Wednesday for America's vote. One of the contestants, who get least vote, will be sent home on Thursday's episode.
Official Facebook Page
American Idol 2014 top 12 contestants
The elimination episode will be telecast at 8:00pm EST on Fox (6:30am IST, Friday). The judging panel - Keith Urban, Harry Connick Jr. and Jennifer Lopez - will decide who of the bottom three contestants leave the competition.
Kristen O'Connor, who was placed in bottom three along with Malaya Watson and MK Nobillette, was sent home last week.
Wednesday's live performance was relatively better than last week's with some of the contestants making a striding improvement, and America will decide who among them remain in the competition based on their rendition on Wednesday.
Jena Irene sang KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" on Wednesday. She put up a good show and her stage presence was commendable though Harry Connick Jr. said that she should have pumped in a little more power into the song.
Alex Preston rendered Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Want to Be". Judges were of the opinion that his performance was good but the arrangement could have been a little better.
Jessica Meuse sang "White Flag" by Dido. It was not a disappointment with her voice going off key in parts.
Dexter Roberts performed Montgomery Gentry's "Lucky Man". It was a good performance and he received good comments from the judges.
Emily Piriz sang "Let's Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez, who is one of the judges of the show. She owned the stage and seemed to have enjoyed the whole experience which is important.
Caleb Johnson rendered "Working Man" by Rush, and it was a good performance. It is perhaps one of the most solid performances on Wednesday's episode.
M.K. Nobilette, who was in the bottom three last week, sang "Drops of Jupiter" by Train. It wasn't a notable performance and she seemed to be not comfortable with the song.
C.J. Harris sang John Mayer's "Waiting On the World to Change" but it was not his best when it comes to vocals.
Sam Woolf rendered Blind Pilot's "Just One". He performed well last week and his rendition on Wednesday was also good.
Malaya Watson, who landed in the bottom three last week, sang Tamala Mann's "Take Me to the King" this week. Her performance was good this week, earning praises from Jennifer Lopez.
Ben Briley sang David Nail's "Turning Home" for America's vote on Wednesday. It was a solid and passionate performance.
Majesty Rose sang Coldplay's "Fix You". She has good stage presence and looked poised as if she owned the place. Overall, it was a good performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28