'American Idol' 2014: Who Will Be Sent Home? Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | March 7, 2014 2:51 AM EST
The "American Idol" 2014 elimination round is here with the top 12 contestants having performed live on Wednesday for America's vote. One of the contestants, who get least vote, will be sent home on Thursday's episode.
Official Facebook Page
American Idol 2014 top 12 contestants
The elimination episode will be telecast at 8:00pm EST on Fox (6:30am IST, Friday). The judging panel - Keith Urban, Harry Connick Jr. and Jennifer Lopez - will decide who of the bottom three contestants leave the competition.
Kristen O'Connor, who was placed in bottom three along with Malaya Watson and MK Nobillette, was sent home last week.
Wednesday's live performance was relatively better than last week's with some of the contestants making a striding improvement, and America will decide who among them remain in the competition based on their rendition on Wednesday.
Jena Irene sang KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" on Wednesday. She put up a good show and her stage presence was commendable though Harry Connick Jr. said that she should have pumped in a little more power into the song.
Alex Preston rendered Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Want to Be". Judges were of the opinion that his performance was good but the arrangement could have been a little better.
Jessica Meuse sang "White Flag" by Dido. It was not a disappointment with her voice going off key in parts.
Dexter Roberts performed Montgomery Gentry's "Lucky Man". It was a good performance and he received good comments from the judges.
Emily Piriz sang "Let's Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez, who is one of the judges of the show. She owned the stage and seemed to have enjoyed the whole experience which is important.
Caleb Johnson rendered "Working Man" by Rush, and it was a good performance. It is perhaps one of the most solid performances on Wednesday's episode.
M.K. Nobilette, who was in the bottom three last week, sang "Drops of Jupiter" by Train. It wasn't a notable performance and she seemed to be not comfortable with the song.
C.J. Harris sang John Mayer's "Waiting On the World to Change" but it was not his best when it comes to vocals.
Sam Woolf rendered Blind Pilot's "Just One". He performed well last week and his rendition on Wednesday was also good.
Malaya Watson, who landed in the bottom three last week, sang Tamala Mann's "Take Me to the King" this week. Her performance was good this week, earning praises from Jennifer Lopez.
Ben Briley sang David Nail's "Turning Home" for America's vote on Wednesday. It was a solid and passionate performance.
Majesty Rose sang Coldplay's "Fix You". She has good stage presence and looked poised as if she owned the place. Overall, it was a good performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales