'American Idol' 2014: Who Will Be Sent Home? Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | March 7, 2014 2:51 AM EST
The "American Idol" 2014 elimination round is here with the top 12 contestants having performed live on Wednesday for America's vote. One of the contestants, who get least vote, will be sent home on Thursday's episode.
Official Facebook Page
American Idol 2014 top 12 contestants
The elimination episode will be telecast at 8:00pm EST on Fox (6:30am IST, Friday). The judging panel - Keith Urban, Harry Connick Jr. and Jennifer Lopez - will decide who of the bottom three contestants leave the competition.
Kristen O'Connor, who was placed in bottom three along with Malaya Watson and MK Nobillette, was sent home last week.
Wednesday's live performance was relatively better than last week's with some of the contestants making a striding improvement, and America will decide who among them remain in the competition based on their rendition on Wednesday.
Jena Irene sang KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" on Wednesday. She put up a good show and her stage presence was commendable though Harry Connick Jr. said that she should have pumped in a little more power into the song.
Alex Preston rendered Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Want to Be". Judges were of the opinion that his performance was good but the arrangement could have been a little better.
Jessica Meuse sang "White Flag" by Dido. It was not a disappointment with her voice going off key in parts.
Dexter Roberts performed Montgomery Gentry's "Lucky Man". It was a good performance and he received good comments from the judges.
Emily Piriz sang "Let's Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez, who is one of the judges of the show. She owned the stage and seemed to have enjoyed the whole experience which is important.
Caleb Johnson rendered "Working Man" by Rush, and it was a good performance. It is perhaps one of the most solid performances on Wednesday's episode.
M.K. Nobilette, who was in the bottom three last week, sang "Drops of Jupiter" by Train. It wasn't a notable performance and she seemed to be not comfortable with the song.
C.J. Harris sang John Mayer's "Waiting On the World to Change" but it was not his best when it comes to vocals.
Sam Woolf rendered Blind Pilot's "Just One". He performed well last week and his rendition on Wednesday was also good.
Malaya Watson, who landed in the bottom three last week, sang Tamala Mann's "Take Me to the King" this week. Her performance was good this week, earning praises from Jennifer Lopez.
Ben Briley sang David Nail's "Turning Home" for America's vote on Wednesday. It was a solid and passionate performance.
Majesty Rose sang Coldplay's "Fix You". She has good stage presence and looked poised as if she owned the place. Overall, it was a good performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border