Batman: Arkham Knight-Warner Bros Announce New Game; Batmobile, Gameplay, Villian, Map Detailed
By Aditya Bhat | March 6, 2014 11:20 PM EST
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced a new game based on the Arkham series, Batman: Arkham Knight that will add a new drivable Batmobile. The announcement was made on 4 February and revealed that the game will have villains like Penguin, Scarecrow, Two-Face and Harley Quinn. The game will be developed by Rocksteady Games.
Batman: Arkham Knight will give players a bigger Gotham City and the game will set a year after the events of Batman: Arkham City. The game will focus on single player and will not be having a multiplayer. (See Also: Batman: Arkham Origins' Mr. Freeze DLC)
"The Arkham games have always been about providing that power fantasy, about being and feeling like Batman. We're going to take it further with the addition of the Batmobile and the bigger city," said Sefton Hill, game director at Rocksteady during an interview with Game Informer magazine.
When asked about multiplayer in the game, "It's going to take all of our effort for all of this time. We don't have the time to do multiplayer. We want to focus on making the best single-player experience we can," said Hill.
Details on the new game were revealed to Game Informer (via CVG) for its publication that will roll out next week.
The voice of Batman in Arkham Knight will be voiced by Kevin Conroy, Penguin's Character by Nolan North, Riddler by Wally Wingert, Two-Face by Troy Baker and Harley Quinn by Tara Strong.
The game is already available for pre-ordering at GameStop and players doing so will get access to a playable Harley Quinn with weapons, gadgets and abilities. It will also have exclusive four challenge maps. The game has 'impressive'level of details.
Gameplay details reveal that this will be taking place in a new central zone of Gotham City that has three islands. Since the game has more space between buildings, gliding around them is easier.
The death of Joker makes other get together for a plan to eliminate Batman. Quickfire gadgets like Batarands can be used mid-air. There will be return of the classic counter system. Players can also use environmental hazards like power generators into combat. Like in Arkham Origins, Batman will have his detective vision.
It has also been revealed that the Batmobile will be the best car in any game ever which will be able to do jumps, boosts, burnouts and will also be able to rotate in circle and stop where you want. It is also bulletproof, can fire an immobilizer and missiles can be locked.
The game will be released on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and unconfirmed release date puts it at 14 October.
(YouTube Courtesy: BatmanArkhamCity)
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More