Can Shah Rukh and Salman Ever be Friends?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 6, 2014 10:56 PM EST
Superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan's ceaseless rivalry makes us wonder if the actors can ever be on amicable terms.
Just when it was assumed that the two biggies of the industry have finally called it peace, as they hugged each other and shared pleasantries at the recent Star Guild Awards, we have been proven wrong yet again.
Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
The "Chennai Express" actor was present at a recent brand-endorsing event where he took a witty dig at his contemporary.
Aping the famous 'rapid fire' questions on Karan Johar's chat show "Koffee With Karan", Shah Rukh jovially questioned filmmaker Kunal Kohli about the most recent movie he had watched. When Kohli replied "Jai Ho", Shah Rukh appeared left stumped for a brief moment. However, the star, best known for his charismatic and witty demeanour, quickly let out: "There is no accounting for taste."
While some may point out that the actor's dig was a playful one, his remarks may not go down well with Salman and his fans.
This brings us to our previous question - whether the industry stalwarts would ever be friends again.
Both actors, who had earlier worked together in the blockbuster "Karan Arjun" (1995) and shared a friendly equation, fell out over time, with respect to personal issues.
It so happened that Salman had created a ruckus in the set of SRK's film "Chalte Chalte", which had initially featured Aishwarya Rai. And the actress had to be replaced with Rani Mukherjee as things soured on the SRK-Salman front. Much later, Salman's ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif tried to play mediator between the warring Khans and invited both to her birthday party but all hell broke loose, creating further crisis.
But the tense situation between SRK and Salman saw a break, when the two stars hugged each other at an Iftar party, raising a few eyebrows. The "Dabanng" actor was recorded, extending a warm hug to Shah Rukh.
After that, reports of patch up between the two stars became the most trending news.
But Salman's renowned scriptwriter father Salim Khan appeared apprehensive on a so-called-reconciliation of the duo. The veteran had remarked that any longstanding friendship between the two superstars is not possible, since ego clashes are bound to recur due to their influential personalities.
He had said that both actors at best can be cordial towards each other but would never be good friends again.
And with SRK's latest dig at Salman, we must say Salim's words ring true.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy