Can Shah Rukh and Salman Ever be Friends?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 6, 2014 10:56 PM EST
Superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan's ceaseless rivalry makes us wonder if the actors can ever be on amicable terms.
Just when it was assumed that the two biggies of the industry have finally called it peace, as they hugged each other and shared pleasantries at the recent Star Guild Awards, we have been proven wrong yet again.
Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
The "Chennai Express" actor was present at a recent brand-endorsing event where he took a witty dig at his contemporary.
Aping the famous 'rapid fire' questions on Karan Johar's chat show "Koffee With Karan", Shah Rukh jovially questioned filmmaker Kunal Kohli about the most recent movie he had watched. When Kohli replied "Jai Ho", Shah Rukh appeared left stumped for a brief moment. However, the star, best known for his charismatic and witty demeanour, quickly let out: "There is no accounting for taste."
While some may point out that the actor's dig was a playful one, his remarks may not go down well with Salman and his fans.
This brings us to our previous question - whether the industry stalwarts would ever be friends again.
Both actors, who had earlier worked together in the blockbuster "Karan Arjun" (1995) and shared a friendly equation, fell out over time, with respect to personal issues.
It so happened that Salman had created a ruckus in the set of SRK's film "Chalte Chalte", which had initially featured Aishwarya Rai. And the actress had to be replaced with Rani Mukherjee as things soured on the SRK-Salman front. Much later, Salman's ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif tried to play mediator between the warring Khans and invited both to her birthday party but all hell broke loose, creating further crisis.
But the tense situation between SRK and Salman saw a break, when the two stars hugged each other at an Iftar party, raising a few eyebrows. The "Dabanng" actor was recorded, extending a warm hug to Shah Rukh.
After that, reports of patch up between the two stars became the most trending news.
But Salman's renowned scriptwriter father Salim Khan appeared apprehensive on a so-called-reconciliation of the duo. The veteran had remarked that any longstanding friendship between the two superstars is not possible, since ego clashes are bound to recur due to their influential personalities.
He had said that both actors at best can be cordial towards each other but would never be good friends again.
And with SRK's latest dig at Salman, we must say Salim's words ring true.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]