Malayalam Movie ‘Hangover’ Releases on Friday
By Sahaja K R | March 6, 2014 10:54 PM EST
Malayalam movie which is titled as "Hangover" is set to hit the big screen on this Friday, 7 March. The film is directed by debutant Sreejith Sukumaran. The lead roles in the movie are played by Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
Hangover Facebook Page
'Hangover' movie poster starring Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
The film revolves around the lives of four friends. Unlike the English movie with the same name, "Hangover" does not deal with an alcohol blackout, according to Oneindia. Instead, this movie concentrates on the theme of friendship.
"Hangover" portrays how girls and love affect the lead actors. The four men in the movie are all from different backgrounds and they begin to develop good bond with each other. Apart from the main cast, the movie also features two heroines. Archana Gupta and Shritha Sivadas are seen playing the female leads in the movie.
From the past few years, it can be observed that many Malayalam movies have been focusing on the theme of friendship. In 2012, a movie named "Second Show" too had a similar theme. The director of this movie, Srinath Rajendran explained about why he used the theme. "What we see these days in movies are a reflection of today's youth. Even the characters in "Second Show" were drawn from shades of our friends from real life and consequently people could relate to these stories easily", Rajendran told The Times Of India.
Apart from "Hangover" and "Seceond Show," there are a few other movies that have used a similar theme in Malayalam industry. Director cum actor Lal's son Jean Paul Lal (Lal Jr) directorial "Honey Bee" also has a story based on the friendship theme. "Kili Poyi" is a film on the same theme and this one is directed by debutant Vinay Govind. "Orkut Oru Ormakoottu" made by debutant duo of Manoj-Vinod is another example. A 2010 film "Four Friends" directed by Saji Surendran also depicts the friendship of four strangers from entirely different backgrounds. It is interesting to notice that most of the movies with the friendship theme are made by new directors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’