Malayalam Movie ‘Hangover’ Releases on Friday
By Sahaja K R | March 6, 2014 10:54 PM EST
Malayalam movie which is titled as "Hangover" is set to hit the big screen on this Friday, 7 March. The film is directed by debutant Sreejith Sukumaran. The lead roles in the movie are played by Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
Hangover Facebook Page
'Hangover' movie poster starring Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
Box Office: 'Drishyam', 'Ohm Shanthi Oshaana', '1983' and Other Malayalam Film Collections in Kerala
The film revolves around the lives of four friends. Unlike the English movie with the same name, "Hangover" does not deal with an alcohol blackout, according to Oneindia. Instead, this movie concentrates on the theme of friendship.
"Hangover" portrays how girls and love affect the lead actors. The four men in the movie are all from different backgrounds and they begin to develop good bond with each other. Apart from the main cast, the movie also features two heroines. Archana Gupta and Shritha Sivadas are seen playing the female leads in the movie.
From the past few years, it can be observed that many Malayalam movies have been focusing on the theme of friendship. In 2012, a movie named "Second Show" too had a similar theme. The director of this movie, Srinath Rajendran explained about why he used the theme. "What we see these days in movies are a reflection of today's youth. Even the characters in "Second Show" were drawn from shades of our friends from real life and consequently people could relate to these stories easily", Rajendran told The Times Of India.
Apart from "Hangover" and "Seceond Show," there are a few other movies that have used a similar theme in Malayalam industry. Director cum actor Lal's son Jean Paul Lal (Lal Jr) directorial "Honey Bee" also has a story based on the friendship theme. "Kili Poyi" is a film on the same theme and this one is directed by debutant Vinay Govind. "Orkut Oru Ormakoottu" made by debutant duo of Manoj-Vinod is another example. A 2010 film "Four Friends" directed by Saji Surendran also depicts the friendship of four strangers from entirely different backgrounds. It is interesting to notice that most of the movies with the friendship theme are made by new directors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect