Malayalam Movie ‘Hangover’ Releases on Friday
By Sahaja K R | March 6, 2014 10:54 PM EST
Malayalam movie which is titled as "Hangover" is set to hit the big screen on this Friday, 7 March. The film is directed by debutant Sreejith Sukumaran. The lead roles in the movie are played by Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
Hangover Facebook Page
'Hangover' movie poster starring Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
The film revolves around the lives of four friends. Unlike the English movie with the same name, "Hangover" does not deal with an alcohol blackout, according to Oneindia. Instead, this movie concentrates on the theme of friendship.
"Hangover" portrays how girls and love affect the lead actors. The four men in the movie are all from different backgrounds and they begin to develop good bond with each other. Apart from the main cast, the movie also features two heroines. Archana Gupta and Shritha Sivadas are seen playing the female leads in the movie.
From the past few years, it can be observed that many Malayalam movies have been focusing on the theme of friendship. In 2012, a movie named "Second Show" too had a similar theme. The director of this movie, Srinath Rajendran explained about why he used the theme. "What we see these days in movies are a reflection of today's youth. Even the characters in "Second Show" were drawn from shades of our friends from real life and consequently people could relate to these stories easily", Rajendran told The Times Of India.
Apart from "Hangover" and "Seceond Show," there are a few other movies that have used a similar theme in Malayalam industry. Director cum actor Lal's son Jean Paul Lal (Lal Jr) directorial "Honey Bee" also has a story based on the friendship theme. "Kili Poyi" is a film on the same theme and this one is directed by debutant Vinay Govind. "Orkut Oru Ormakoottu" made by debutant duo of Manoj-Vinod is another example. A 2010 film "Four Friends" directed by Saji Surendran also depicts the friendship of four strangers from entirely different backgrounds. It is interesting to notice that most of the movies with the friendship theme are made by new directors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage