Malayalam Movie ‘Hangover’ Releases on Friday
By Sahaja K R | March 6, 2014 10:54 PM EST
Malayalam movie which is titled as "Hangover" is set to hit the big screen on this Friday, 7 March. The film is directed by debutant Sreejith Sukumaran. The lead roles in the movie are played by Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
Hangover Facebook Page
'Hangover' movie poster starring Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
The film revolves around the lives of four friends. Unlike the English movie with the same name, "Hangover" does not deal with an alcohol blackout, according to Oneindia. Instead, this movie concentrates on the theme of friendship.
"Hangover" portrays how girls and love affect the lead actors. The four men in the movie are all from different backgrounds and they begin to develop good bond with each other. Apart from the main cast, the movie also features two heroines. Archana Gupta and Shritha Sivadas are seen playing the female leads in the movie.
From the past few years, it can be observed that many Malayalam movies have been focusing on the theme of friendship. In 2012, a movie named "Second Show" too had a similar theme. The director of this movie, Srinath Rajendran explained about why he used the theme. "What we see these days in movies are a reflection of today's youth. Even the characters in "Second Show" were drawn from shades of our friends from real life and consequently people could relate to these stories easily", Rajendran told The Times Of India.
Apart from "Hangover" and "Seceond Show," there are a few other movies that have used a similar theme in Malayalam industry. Director cum actor Lal's son Jean Paul Lal (Lal Jr) directorial "Honey Bee" also has a story based on the friendship theme. "Kili Poyi" is a film on the same theme and this one is directed by debutant Vinay Govind. "Orkut Oru Ormakoottu" made by debutant duo of Manoj-Vinod is another example. A 2010 film "Four Friends" directed by Saji Surendran also depicts the friendship of four strangers from entirely different backgrounds. It is interesting to notice that most of the movies with the friendship theme are made by new directors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko