Malayalam Movie ‘Hangover’ Releases on Friday
By Sahaja K R | March 6, 2014 10:54 PM EST
Malayalam movie which is titled as "Hangover" is set to hit the big screen on this Friday, 7 March. The film is directed by debutant Sreejith Sukumaran. The lead roles in the movie are played by Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
Hangover Facebook Page
'Hangover' movie poster starring Maqbool Salmaan, Shine Tom Chacko, Bhagath Manuel and newcomer Govind Krishna.
The film revolves around the lives of four friends. Unlike the English movie with the same name, "Hangover" does not deal with an alcohol blackout, according to Oneindia. Instead, this movie concentrates on the theme of friendship.
"Hangover" portrays how girls and love affect the lead actors. The four men in the movie are all from different backgrounds and they begin to develop good bond with each other. Apart from the main cast, the movie also features two heroines. Archana Gupta and Shritha Sivadas are seen playing the female leads in the movie.
From the past few years, it can be observed that many Malayalam movies have been focusing on the theme of friendship. In 2012, a movie named "Second Show" too had a similar theme. The director of this movie, Srinath Rajendran explained about why he used the theme. "What we see these days in movies are a reflection of today's youth. Even the characters in "Second Show" were drawn from shades of our friends from real life and consequently people could relate to these stories easily", Rajendran told The Times Of India.
Apart from "Hangover" and "Seceond Show," there are a few other movies that have used a similar theme in Malayalam industry. Director cum actor Lal's son Jean Paul Lal (Lal Jr) directorial "Honey Bee" also has a story based on the friendship theme. "Kili Poyi" is a film on the same theme and this one is directed by debutant Vinay Govind. "Orkut Oru Ormakoottu" made by debutant duo of Manoj-Vinod is another example. A 2010 film "Four Friends" directed by Saji Surendran also depicts the friendship of four strangers from entirely different backgrounds. It is interesting to notice that most of the movies with the friendship theme are made by new directors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]