Marc Murphy Reassigned as Skipper with Carlton
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 6, 2014 10:25 PM EST
In a recent announcement, Marc Murphy is appointed the skipper for Carlton, till 2018. Midfielder Murphy, who was on hiatus for his back spasm signed the contract alongside his coach Mick Malthouse.
Further to the announcement, Marc announced in the club's website: "I am thrilled and feel very honored to be able to re-commit to the Carlton Football Club". He further added: "Carlton has been my home for the better part of a decade, so I have always wanted to repay the faith".
Marc also mentioned the idea of Bryce Gibbs leaving the team is beyond question. However Adelaide and Port Adelaide showed interest in Gibbs for 2015 session, but Murphy cleared the confusion that he is going to stay.
Another club champion, Kade Simpson is also expected to commit the team as Murphy claimed: "I'm very confident those guys will sign on with the club".Carlton has faced some tough time and with years to come and changes going on inside the club, Murphy is optimistic of others joining the bandwagon.
Furthermore, Murphy clarified clearly that he is not moving anywhere else as he feels that the coming season is very much crucial for his team and also for himself.
A veteran with track record of 165 games in career, Murphy, who absent in AFL season launch on Wednesday due to his back spasm, is confident about his return. He said: "We all want to stick together and play some really good footy".The team is supposed to meet Port Adelaide as the first kickoff session for 2014.
The match will be hosted at Etihad Stadium on March 16.
As the days for final countdown is approaching, it is really good to see Marc and his team back in action and looking forward to a bright start in this season. No matter what happens, it is sure of the fact that Carlton will do their best to retain their winning spirit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon