‘The Bachelor' Star Juan Pablo Galavis is Broke: Is That Why Nikki Ferrell Dumped Him?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 6, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Juan Pablo Galavis came on “The Bachelor” to find love, and after a long journey that involved his heart being broken, the single dad is all set to choose between Nikki Ferrell and Clare Crawley.
Juan Pablo Galavis
The current season of the dating reality show will come to a close on Monday, and rumors indicate that Galavis will pick Ferrell as his final choice.
But, she might not be too happy once she gets to know Galavis' reality, as luxury accommodations and extravagant foreign trips aren’t part of his life, a source told Life & Style magazine.
The 32-year-old is reportedly broke and lives with his parents in Miami.
“Most of the money Juan Pablo got from soccer is probably long gone. Money must be tight, because he lives in a three-bedroom apartment with his mom and dad,” the source said, adding that he came on the show to make some money.
“The reason he was so interested in being the Bachelor was to make money and become more famous. He’s always actively looking for money and work.”
Shedding light on Galavis' career, the source said that currently he works as a sports consultant for the Venezuelan Baseball Hall of Fame. He has active work only during baseball season, and monetary situation becomes a bit tight once the season is over.
“During baseball season, he has to travel to different ballparks and try to get Venezuelan players to sign memorabilia he can bring back to the Hall of Fame,” the source said.
It is not immediately known if Ferrell and Crawley are aware of Galavis’ reality. But the source feels “the winner is about to be very surprised. She has no idea what she’s in for.”
If rumors are to be believed, this news is not going to faze Ferrell, whose relationship with Galavis is said to have fizzled out soon after the finale of the show was filmed. However, it is not known if he being broke was a contributing factor to the alleged split.
For a while now, Galavis has been accused of coming on the show to find a girlfriend, and not a wife as he claimed. Andi Dorfman, who walked out on Pablo after their overnight date, recently said that the single dad is filled with negativity, and he came on the show for the wrong reasons.
“I think that he was definitely here to find somebody,” Andi said during Monday’s “Women Tell All” episode. “I think he had that genuine want, [but] I think his version of what he was trying to find was different from ours. In my opinion, I think he was trying to find a girlfriend and someone to date and someone to -- after this is all over -- figure out if it's going to work. And I think we all kind of came here to find a husband."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0