‘How I Met Your Dad’ Casting Spoilers: Greta Gerwig, Krysta Rodriguez, Drew Tarver Roped In for HIMYM Spin-Off
By Keerthi Mohan | March 6, 2014 10:00 PM EST
“How I Met Your Dad,” the spin-off of “How I Met Your Mother” is slowly taking shape and show executives are in the process of finalizing the cast.
After announcing Greta Gerwig as Sally, a female Peter Pan who does not want to grow up and take responsibilities, “Smash” alum Krysta Rodriguez has been cast in the role of Sally’s friend, Juliet.
How I Met Your Dad
Juliet, a sexy, flamboyant party-girl, is a successful fashion blogger who is happy that Sally is finally thinking of ditching her “boring” husband.
Drew Tarver will play Todd, Sally’s best friend from college and her brother-in-law.
Still to be cast are Todd’s husband and Sally’s brother, Danny, Juliet’s “hot nerd” colleague, Frank, and the narrator.
“How I Met Your Mother” fans are still unsure of a spin-off of their favorite show that chronicles Ted’s journey as he sets out to find love. But Gerwig is positive that fans will not be left disappointed.
“How I Met Your Dad” “shares the heart and soul with the original show, so it has the sweetness and the funniness," she told E!News.
When fans are first introduced to Sally, she is already married. But she later leaves her husband and moves in with her gay brother and his husband. While her brother Danny is not pleased at her sharing their flat, Todd is accommodating and loves to hang out with Sally.
Meanwhile, the cast of “How I Met Your Mother” has already extended their support to the spin-off series.
"They're so nice!” Gerwig said. “I went and I hung out with all the cast and they were like, 'If you can be part of this world, it's crazy fun,'" she said. "They told me they believed in me, and it was really sweet."
The pilot is written by “How I Met Your Mother” creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, and Emily Spivey. Gerwig also has a major role in scripting the pilot, and said she was eagerly waiting to start filming the show.
"I contributed a lot into the pilot, and I'll be in the writers room staring June 1 if they pick it up," she told E!News. "I shoot the pilot in like two weeks and then hopefully it becomes a real show."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery