Kardashian Sisters and ‘Bride Wars’: Will Kourtney Get Married to Scott Disick Before Kim Weds Kanye West?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 6, 2014 9:57 PM EST
The eldest two Kardashian sisters – Kourtney and Kim – are gearing up to walk down the aisle this year, and the sisters have decided to opt for intimate ceremonies to mark the day.
But Kourtney’s decision to get married before Kim has not gone down well with the 33-year-old, according to source close to Kim, who told Life&Style magazine that the wedding has caused a rift between the siblings.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
“There are rules about that kind of thing,” the source told Life&Style magazine, according to Daily Mail. “If your sister gets engaged before you do, you don't get married before her!”
If the report is true, then the two Kardashians have a real-life “Bride Wars" situation.
In the movie, characters portrayed by Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway become battling bridezillas as they set out to plan their perfect wedding.
Kim and her fiancé Kanye West are getting hitched on May 24 in Paris, according to Us Weekly, and two children and seven years later elder sister Kourtney, too, said yes to her beau Scott Disick recently.
Reports have it that Kourtney and Disick are planning to get hitched in Punta Mita, Mexico, and the event is expected to be attended by family and close friends.
Their wedding date has not been revealed, but it is believed that the couple enjoyed their bachelor and bachelorette parties in New York City on Feb. 22.
Although Disick had proposed to Kourtney earlier, she had turned down the offers stating she was not ready for marriage. But she recently had a change of heart after Disick’s parents passed away within months of each other.
“Kourtney realised that she's all he has. It's made her see things differently,” a friend Kourtney’s told Life&Style magazine. “This is the perfect time for Scott and Kourtney to get married.”
Meanwhile, Kim is busy planning her nuptials and recently told Ryan Seacrest that both she and her fiancé and heavily involved in planning the event.
She also dismissed rumors that ceremony will be a lavish one. “We’re having a super small and intimate [wedding],” she said on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest."
“As we’re going to along, we’re realizing that we want it to be just smaller and more intimate than people are imagining. I’m excited. It’s exciting!”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM