Kardashian Sisters and ‘Bride Wars’: Will Kourtney Get Married to Scott Disick Before Kim Weds Kanye West?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 6, 2014 9:57 PM EST
The eldest two Kardashian sisters – Kourtney and Kim – are gearing up to walk down the aisle this year, and the sisters have decided to opt for intimate ceremonies to mark the day.
But Kourtney’s decision to get married before Kim has not gone down well with the 33-year-old, according to source close to Kim, who told Life&Style magazine that the wedding has caused a rift between the siblings.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
“There are rules about that kind of thing,” the source told Life&Style magazine, according to Daily Mail. “If your sister gets engaged before you do, you don't get married before her!”
If the report is true, then the two Kardashians have a real-life “Bride Wars" situation.
In the movie, characters portrayed by Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway become battling bridezillas as they set out to plan their perfect wedding.
Kim and her fiancé Kanye West are getting hitched on May 24 in Paris, according to Us Weekly, and two children and seven years later elder sister Kourtney, too, said yes to her beau Scott Disick recently.
Reports have it that Kourtney and Disick are planning to get hitched in Punta Mita, Mexico, and the event is expected to be attended by family and close friends.
Their wedding date has not been revealed, but it is believed that the couple enjoyed their bachelor and bachelorette parties in New York City on Feb. 22.
Although Disick had proposed to Kourtney earlier, she had turned down the offers stating she was not ready for marriage. But she recently had a change of heart after Disick’s parents passed away within months of each other.
“Kourtney realised that she's all he has. It's made her see things differently,” a friend Kourtney’s told Life&Style magazine. “This is the perfect time for Scott and Kourtney to get married.”
Meanwhile, Kim is busy planning her nuptials and recently told Ryan Seacrest that both she and her fiancé and heavily involved in planning the event.
She also dismissed rumors that ceremony will be a lavish one. “We’re having a super small and intimate [wedding],” she said on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest."
“As we’re going to along, we’re realizing that we want it to be just smaller and more intimate than people are imagining. I’m excited. It’s exciting!”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best