Kardashian Sisters and ‘Bride Wars’: Will Kourtney Get Married to Scott Disick Before Kim Weds Kanye West?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 6, 2014 9:57 PM EST
The eldest two Kardashian sisters – Kourtney and Kim – are gearing up to walk down the aisle this year, and the sisters have decided to opt for intimate ceremonies to mark the day.
But Kourtney’s decision to get married before Kim has not gone down well with the 33-year-old, according to source close to Kim, who told Life&Style magazine that the wedding has caused a rift between the siblings.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
“There are rules about that kind of thing,” the source told Life&Style magazine, according to Daily Mail. “If your sister gets engaged before you do, you don't get married before her!”
If the report is true, then the two Kardashians have a real-life “Bride Wars" situation.
In the movie, characters portrayed by Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway become battling bridezillas as they set out to plan their perfect wedding.
Kim and her fiancé Kanye West are getting hitched on May 24 in Paris, according to Us Weekly, and two children and seven years later elder sister Kourtney, too, said yes to her beau Scott Disick recently.
Reports have it that Kourtney and Disick are planning to get hitched in Punta Mita, Mexico, and the event is expected to be attended by family and close friends.
Their wedding date has not been revealed, but it is believed that the couple enjoyed their bachelor and bachelorette parties in New York City on Feb. 22.
Although Disick had proposed to Kourtney earlier, she had turned down the offers stating she was not ready for marriage. But she recently had a change of heart after Disick’s parents passed away within months of each other.
“Kourtney realised that she's all he has. It's made her see things differently,” a friend Kourtney’s told Life&Style magazine. “This is the perfect time for Scott and Kourtney to get married.”
Meanwhile, Kim is busy planning her nuptials and recently told Ryan Seacrest that both she and her fiancé and heavily involved in planning the event.
She also dismissed rumors that ceremony will be a lavish one. “We’re having a super small and intimate [wedding],” she said on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest."
“As we’re going to along, we’re realizing that we want it to be just smaller and more intimate than people are imagining. I’m excited. It’s exciting!”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales