Robbie Tarrant to Miss the Start of NFL Session
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 6, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Robbie Tarrant, North Melbourne Forward, will miss the first few weeks of NFL season after being diagnosed with "high tibial stress reaction."
Talking about the situation, Geoff Walsh, the director of North's football team stated, despite restrictive training, the early signs of the problem that kept Tarrant out of the game have recurred again. He further clarified in the official club Web site: "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early."
Walsh also added: "Like last year, we will be very cautious and won't be playing Robbie until he is fully fit." Tarrant, who is only 24 years old, had played so far on only 38 games and kicked 40 goals.
Meanwhile, Majak Daw, a Sudan-born forward who made his debut in 2013, will replace Tarrant for some matches in the season.
Though Tarrant is kept on restricted training, doctors of the team are optimistic about his comeback. In this respect, Geoff Walsh said, "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early, allowing us to take a very proactive approach with his training and treatment."
With Tarrant's persistent problem affecting his career, it has become a serious issue to consider. A young and promising player like Tarrant, his absence in the upcoming NFL is glaring. Injuries are part of a game and it is inevitable that players sometimes get injured during a play. The doctors of a team do their best to get back things under control. But at times, facing periodic health problem puts one player in serious confusion, and unfortunately, it occurred with Tarrant, especially during his peak of career. What we can hope at this stage to see Tarrant get better treatment and get back in the scene.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change