Robbie Tarrant to Miss the Start of NFL Session
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 6, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Robbie Tarrant, North Melbourne Forward, will miss the first few weeks of NFL season after being diagnosed with "high tibial stress reaction."
Talking about the situation, Geoff Walsh, the director of North's football team stated, despite restrictive training, the early signs of the problem that kept Tarrant out of the game have recurred again. He further clarified in the official club Web site: "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early."
Walsh also added: "Like last year, we will be very cautious and won't be playing Robbie until he is fully fit." Tarrant, who is only 24 years old, had played so far on only 38 games and kicked 40 goals.
Meanwhile, Majak Daw, a Sudan-born forward who made his debut in 2013, will replace Tarrant for some matches in the season.
Though Tarrant is kept on restricted training, doctors of the team are optimistic about his comeback. In this respect, Geoff Walsh said, "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early, allowing us to take a very proactive approach with his training and treatment."
With Tarrant's persistent problem affecting his career, it has become a serious issue to consider. A young and promising player like Tarrant, his absence in the upcoming NFL is glaring. Injuries are part of a game and it is inevitable that players sometimes get injured during a play. The doctors of a team do their best to get back things under control. But at times, facing periodic health problem puts one player in serious confusion, and unfortunately, it occurred with Tarrant, especially during his peak of career. What we can hope at this stage to see Tarrant get better treatment and get back in the scene.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June