Robbie Tarrant to Miss the Start of NFL Session
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 6, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Robbie Tarrant, North Melbourne Forward, will miss the first few weeks of NFL season after being diagnosed with "high tibial stress reaction."
Talking about the situation, Geoff Walsh, the director of North's football team stated, despite restrictive training, the early signs of the problem that kept Tarrant out of the game have recurred again. He further clarified in the official club Web site: "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early."
Walsh also added: "Like last year, we will be very cautious and won't be playing Robbie until he is fully fit." Tarrant, who is only 24 years old, had played so far on only 38 games and kicked 40 goals.
Meanwhile, Majak Daw, a Sudan-born forward who made his debut in 2013, will replace Tarrant for some matches in the season.
Though Tarrant is kept on restricted training, doctors of the team are optimistic about his comeback. In this respect, Geoff Walsh said, "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early, allowing us to take a very proactive approach with his training and treatment."
With Tarrant's persistent problem affecting his career, it has become a serious issue to consider. A young and promising player like Tarrant, his absence in the upcoming NFL is glaring. Injuries are part of a game and it is inevitable that players sometimes get injured during a play. The doctors of a team do their best to get back things under control. But at times, facing periodic health problem puts one player in serious confusion, and unfortunately, it occurred with Tarrant, especially during his peak of career. What we can hope at this stage to see Tarrant get better treatment and get back in the scene.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia