Robbie Tarrant to Miss the Start of NFL Session
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 6, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Robbie Tarrant, North Melbourne Forward, will miss the first few weeks of NFL season after being diagnosed with "high tibial stress reaction."
Talking about the situation, Geoff Walsh, the director of North's football team stated, despite restrictive training, the early signs of the problem that kept Tarrant out of the game have recurred again. He further clarified in the official club Web site: "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early."
Walsh also added: "Like last year, we will be very cautious and won't be playing Robbie until he is fully fit." Tarrant, who is only 24 years old, had played so far on only 38 games and kicked 40 goals.
Meanwhile, Majak Daw, a Sudan-born forward who made his debut in 2013, will replace Tarrant for some matches in the season.
Though Tarrant is kept on restricted training, doctors of the team are optimistic about his comeback. In this respect, Geoff Walsh said, "However, it's nowhere near as severe this time around and thankfully our medical team has identified the symptoms early, allowing us to take a very proactive approach with his training and treatment."
With Tarrant's persistent problem affecting his career, it has become a serious issue to consider. A young and promising player like Tarrant, his absence in the upcoming NFL is glaring. Injuries are part of a game and it is inevitable that players sometimes get injured during a play. The doctors of a team do their best to get back things under control. But at times, facing periodic health problem puts one player in serious confusion, and unfortunately, it occurred with Tarrant, especially during his peak of career. What we can hope at this stage to see Tarrant get better treatment and get back in the scene.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions