Hyundai Xcent Coming to India on 12 March; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 6, 2014 7:58 PM EST
Hyundai India's next offering Xcent sedan is all set to debut in the domestic auto market on 12 March.
The India launch of Hyundai Xcent, a Grand i10 based sedan has been in rumours for a while now. The car, which made its first appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo has been getting lot of attention. The sub-4 metre compact sedan is the company's first offering in this segment and the vehicle will take on India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car.
The latest Xcent, shares its similarities with its small car Grand i10 and comes loaded with features like rear AC vents, smart key push button entry, USB-ready audio system with internal storage, 15inch alloys, dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes and steering-mounted audio controls.
Xcent will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines will come mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
Considering the new Hyundai Xcent is a sub-four meter sedan, the car will benefit from the latest excise duty reduction, and hence it is likely to come with aggressive price tag in India. The Xcent is speculated to fall in the price brackets ranging from 5.30 lakh to 8.15 lakh, according to IndianCarsBike.
Hyundai is also rumoured to launch its new gen 2015 i20 Codenamed "IB" in 2014. The car, which is believed to be one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years is expected to come with 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmissions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe