Hyundai Xcent Coming to India on 12 March; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 6, 2014 7:58 PM EST
Hyundai India's next offering Xcent sedan is all set to debut in the domestic auto market on 12 March.
The India launch of Hyundai Xcent, a Grand i10 based sedan has been in rumours for a while now. The car, which made its first appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo has been getting lot of attention. The sub-4 metre compact sedan is the company's first offering in this segment and the vehicle will take on India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car.
The latest Xcent, shares its similarities with its small car Grand i10 and comes loaded with features like rear AC vents, smart key push button entry, USB-ready audio system with internal storage, 15inch alloys, dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes and steering-mounted audio controls.
Xcent will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines will come mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
Considering the new Hyundai Xcent is a sub-four meter sedan, the car will benefit from the latest excise duty reduction, and hence it is likely to come with aggressive price tag in India. The Xcent is speculated to fall in the price brackets ranging from 5.30 lakh to 8.15 lakh, according to IndianCarsBike.
Hyundai is also rumoured to launch its new gen 2015 i20 Codenamed "IB" in 2014. The car, which is believed to be one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years is expected to come with 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmissions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Canada Launches World's First Waste-to-Biofuels and Chemicals Facility
- Greenest Auto Manufacturer in U.S. Now Hyundai, Honda Set Off Track
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More