Hyundai Xcent Coming to India on 12 March; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 6, 2014 7:58 PM EST
Hyundai India's next offering Xcent sedan is all set to debut in the domestic auto market on 12 March.
The India launch of Hyundai Xcent, a Grand i10 based sedan has been in rumours for a while now. The car, which made its first appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo has been getting lot of attention. The sub-4 metre compact sedan is the company's first offering in this segment and the vehicle will take on India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car.
The latest Xcent, shares its similarities with its small car Grand i10 and comes loaded with features like rear AC vents, smart key push button entry, USB-ready audio system with internal storage, 15inch alloys, dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes and steering-mounted audio controls.
Xcent will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines will come mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
Considering the new Hyundai Xcent is a sub-four meter sedan, the car will benefit from the latest excise duty reduction, and hence it is likely to come with aggressive price tag in India. The Xcent is speculated to fall in the price brackets ranging from 5.30 lakh to 8.15 lakh, according to IndianCarsBike.
Hyundai is also rumoured to launch its new gen 2015 i20 Codenamed "IB" in 2014. The car, which is believed to be one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years is expected to come with 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmissions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Canada Launches World's First Waste-to-Biofuels and Chemicals Facility
- Greenest Auto Manufacturer in U.S. Now Hyundai, Honda Set Off Track
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date