‘Downton Abbey’: What Role Will Salma Hayek Play in British Period Drama?
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 6, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Mexican beauty Salma Hayek is a big fan of "Downton Abbey." The actress, 47, revealed that she would love to star in this British period drama.
"The English are so spirited but so repressed. It's so bizarre. But I love "Downton Abbey." I would kill for a role, the actress said to The Daily Star, as quoted by Enstars. However, the Mexican-American actress is unsure whether she will fit in a British period drama.
Hayek said, "What's a Mexican going to do in Downton Abbey? I would have to play deaf and dumb." The British, for sure, won't mind seeing this deaf and dumb Mexican bombshell in their popular period drama.
The cast and crew of "Downton Abbey" are currently busy filming Season 5, which is due to air later this year. Julian Fellowes, creator of "Downton Abbey," is unsure whether there will be Season 6 of "Downton Abbey," or not. However, he is sure that it is a show that will not go on forever. He said in an interview to Wall Street Journal, "I don't know yet if there is a season 6, but it's not going to go on forever. It won't be 'Perry Mason'." If there is season six, it will be the last season.
The creator revealed that he is all set to begin working on a new NBC Universal's American drama, called "The Gilded Age' for NBC Universal. He added: "And the last thing I want is to juggle two shows."
The new season of "Downton Abbey" will introduce three new characters. These characters are Simon Bricker, played by Richard E. Grant, Lady Anstruther, played by Anna Chancellor, and Kuragin, played by Rade Sherbedgia.
Talking about the new characters, Gareth Neame, executive producer of Downton Abbey, said to The Hollywood Reporter that "Richard [E. Grant] and Anna [Chancellor] are two very fun additions."
The addition of Salma Hayek would have added the oomph factor to the British show. It will be difficult to accommodate the actress in the upcoming season, but seeing her keen interest, Fellows might write a guest role for her in Season 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics